What is Campylobacter?
Symptoms of Campylobacter poisoning include:
How to prevent Campylobacter food poisoning
Before you prepare food and after handling raw meat:
- Wash hands, chopping boards, dishes and utensils such as knives in hot, soapy water.
- Dry properly, preferably in the open air and not with a tea towel.
Cook food thoroughly all the way through until the juices run clear:
- Especially chicken and mince.
- Reheat until steaming hot – warm does not kill bacteria, only hot does.
To stop bacteria growing in your food:
- Cover and put in the fridge.
- Keep cooked and raw food separate.
- Don't leave food out. Refrigerate within two hours or bin it.
- If in doubt, throw it out!