It's that time of year - feijoas are about to be everywhere.
If you are lucky enough to have a fruiting tree, you might be wondering what you can do with all these feijoas - well, along with our friends at Foodtolove.co.nz we are here to help.
- Use feijoas to make a fruity, spicy salsa to add to grilled chicken, pork or fish. Just finely chop feijoa flesh, and combine with chopped mint and basil, fresh red chilli, finely diced red onion and lemon or lime juice and a pinch of salt to taste.
- Feijoas were made for smoothies – try them with a drizzle of honey, yoghurt, mint, spinach, green apple and water or juice to blend.
- Feijoa and blue cheese are a perfect match – peel a few feijoas, chop in half and grill until caramelised, then enjoy on crackers with slices of your favourite blue and an optional drizzle of clear runny honey.
- Peel and poach your feijoas whole for about 10–15 minutes in a combination of red wine, cloves, sugar, star anise and cinnamon.
- Kids love feijoas peeled, chopped and stirred through a pottle of their favourite yoghurt.
Click through for even more feijoa recipes.