Star of the show: Farmland Hampden half ham,cooked on the bone
½ cup Delmaine tomato sauce
3 tbsp Delmaine Dijon mustard
3 tbsp Delmaine Italian white wine vinegar
3 tbsp Delmaine Worcestershire sauce
½ cup runny honey
¼ cup orange juice
¼ cup brown sugar
3 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 180°C fan bake.
- Add butter to a saucepan and melt over medium heat. Add the rest of the glaze ingredients and simmer until it thickens. Let cool slightly.
- Remove skin from the ham, leaving a 1cm of fat on the surface. Score the fat with a knife, creating a diamond pattern, being careful not to cut through into the meat. Generously baste the ham with glaze. Place into a deep dish baking tray. Cook for 35-45 minutes, basting every 15 minutes.
- Leave to rest for 15 minutes, baste again, then carve and enjoy!
- We served one of the hams in a Le Creuset Cast Iron Shallow Casserole in Meringue.
Cover with aluminum foil if the glaze starts browning too quickly. If you have extra glaze, then serve it as an accompanying sauce. Yum!