Cook time 60 mins
- 2 sheets sweet shortcrust
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 170g golden syrup
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1½ cups FreshLife pecans, plus
- ¼ cup extra for topping
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- 300ml cream
- 1 tsp Frangelico liqueur
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp icing sugar
- Edible flowers
- White chocolate shavings
- Kenwood Titanium Chef Patissier XL Mixer
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Slightly overlap the two * pastry sheets, firmly pressing to bond together. Cut the pastry just bigger than your pie dish. Gently lift the pastry and place into your pie dish or springform pan. Smooth out the base and press the edges up the sides. Poke a fork across the bottom a few times.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until just starting to turn golden.
- In a bowl, place the eggs, brown sugar, golden syrup, vanilla and pecans, mixing until well combined. Sprinkle nutmeg evenly over mixture and stir well again.
- Pour the nut mixture onto the pastry base. Carefully place the extra ½ cup of whole pecans on top of the mixture randomly or in a more creative pattern if you want. Return to the oven for a further 40-50 minutes.
- Allow the pie to sit and cool completely, allowing the filling to set.
- Pour all of the whipped cream ingredients into the Kenwood processor and whip using the whisk attachment until soft peaks form.
- Pipe or dollop some of the whipped cream on top of the pecan pie. Scatter edible flowers and white chocolate shavings over top. Serve the extra whipped cream in a side bowl.
We recommend using a thin pie dish, roughly 22cm in diameter. Cover pie with foil if pastry is browning too quickly when cooking the filling.