- Wrap your avocado entirely in tin foil and place on a baking tray.
- Place into the over at 100 degrees celcius and bake for ten minutes.
- At the point take it out and check if it is soft, if it’s still hard place back in the over for another ten (and so on until soft).
- Remove from the oven and put avocado in fridge till it cools.
- Open up the packet and enjoy a full ripe and soft avo.
You know the feeling. You’re desperate for some avo on toast but the only ones in the supermarket are hard as rocks.
Never fear, ladies and gentlemen, because the key to ripening avocados in an instant has been unveiled by PureWow.
In the ultimate solution to the first world problem that is under ripe avocados, PureWow reveal a super easy and fast way to get your fruit to ripen.
Here it is:
The website notes that really hard avocados can take up to an hour to soften – but that’s still a small price to pay for getting what you want.
Avocados naturally produce ethylene gas (the same as bananas) which causes the fruit to ripen. Typically, this gas is released slowly but when the avocado is wrapped in tin foil and baked, the gas surrounds it and speeds up the ripening process.
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine reveals Prince Louis has started talking
Now To LoveToday 9:20am
- BodyHer sister's keeper: Brave battler Eva Mitchell's unbreakable sibling bond
Woman's DayYesterday 4:40pm
- MakeupHow to find a foundation that matches your skin perfectly
Now To LoveYesterday 3:10pm
- RoyalsPrincess Diana's Travolta dress is up for auction so we're celebrating her best dresses from the 80s
Now To LoveYesterday 3:00pm
- BodyConcerning survey findings: One in three Kiwi women still don't self-check for breast cancer
Now To LoveYesterday 1:00pm
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine shares her family’s secret for picking the best Christmas tree
Now To LoveYesterday 11:55am
- RoyalsDid The Queen tell off Princess Anne for not greeting the Trumps? The truth behind the video revealed
Now To LoveYesterday 9:35am
- CareerChristmas horoscopes: What's in store for you this festive season
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 8:15am
- CareerTina Turner reflects on her roller coaster life and the peace that has come with retirement
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 8:00am
- CareerSocial media parody queen Celeste Barber on unexpected fame and where she draws the line
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 8:00am
- CompetitionsWin a wireless headphone prizepack thanks to JBL and The Australian Women's Weekly
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 7:00am
- Diet & NutritionHere are five health foods we’re set to be eating more of in 2020
Now To LoveDec 04, 2019
- Career'I wasn't expecting that': New podcast explores tricky issues for women in 40s and 50s
Now To LoveDec 04, 2019
- FamilyNZ's smallest couple: Meet our Christmas miracle baby
Woman's DayDec 04, 2019