You know the feeling. You’re desperate for some avo on toast but the only ones in the supermarket are hard as rocks.
Never fear, ladies and gentlemen, because the key to ripening avocados in an instant has been unveiled by PureWow.
In the ultimate solution to the first world problem that is under ripe avocados, PureWow reveal a super easy and fast way to get your fruit to ripen.
Here it is:
- Wrap your avocado entirely in tin foil and place on a baking tray.
- Place into the over at 100 degrees celcius and bake for ten minutes.
- At the point take it out and check if it is soft, if it’s still hard place back in the over for another ten (and so on until soft).
- Remove from the oven and put avocado in fridge till it cools.
- Open up the packet and enjoy a full ripe and soft avo.
The website notes that really hard avocados can take up to an hour to soften – but that’s still a small price to pay for getting what you want.
Avocados naturally produce ethylene gas (the same as bananas) which causes the fruit to ripen. Typically, this gas is released slowly but when the avocado is wrapped in tin foil and baked, the gas surrounds it and speeds up the ripening process.