- Wrap your avocado entirely in tin foil and place on a baking tray.
- Place into the over at 100 degrees celcius and bake for ten minutes.
- At the point take it out and check if it is soft, if it’s still hard place back in the over for another ten (and so on until soft).
- Remove from the oven and put avocado in fridge till it cools.
- Open up the packet and enjoy a full ripe and soft avo.
You know the feeling. You’re desperate for some avo on toast but the only ones in the supermarket are hard as rocks.
Never fear, ladies and gentlemen, because the key to ripening avocados in an instant has been unveiled by PureWow.
In the ultimate solution to the first world problem that is under ripe avocados, PureWow reveal a super easy and fast way to get your fruit to ripen.
Here it is:
The website notes that really hard avocados can take up to an hour to soften – but that’s still a small price to pay for getting what you want.
Avocados naturally produce ethylene gas (the same as bananas) which causes the fruit to ripen. Typically, this gas is released slowly but when the avocado is wrapped in tin foil and baked, the gas surrounds it and speeds up the ripening process.
- Family8 foodie road trip adventures that your family will love
Now To LoveToday 5:00pm
- Diet & NutritionIs margarine actually bad for you? Four myths busted
Now To LoveToday 4:00pm
- At homeHow the right retirement village enabled mum to be mum again
Now To LoveToday 2:25pm
- RoyalsPrince Harry's stunning wildlife photography is revealed in celebration of Earth Day
Now To LoveToday 11:31am
- RoyalsHow the Royal Family spent the day on the Queen’s 93rd birthday
Now To LoveToday 9:15am
- CareerThe Kiwi couple who are making comfy prosthetic breasts
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:00am
- At homeWhy a magazine subscription is the perfect gift for you or someone you love
Now To LoveToday 9:00am
- CareerAnnabelle White's recipe to living a happy, contented life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 8:42am
- FamilyFamily meal inspiration: Jo Seagar's 'loaves and fishes' approach to family meals
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 12:00pm
- MindWhy travel memories play an important part in helping to develop our personality
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 10:00am
- TVDancing With The Stars' Manu Vatuvei's biggest fear when it comes to the dance floor
Woman's DayYesterday 8:00am
- Celebrity NewsDoting dad Ronan Keating enjoys a family day out at Auckland's waterfront
Woman's DayApr 21, 2019
- BodyMatilda Green talks motherhood, mental wellbeing and her plans for the future
Good Health ChoicesApr 21, 2019
- FitnessThese dance workouts will be so fun that you won't even feel like you're exercising
Good Health ChoicesApr 20, 2019
- RoyalsHappy birthday Her Majesty! Celebrating 93 years with Queen Elizabeth II
Now To LoveApr 20, 2019