- Wrap your avocado entirely in tin foil and place on a baking tray.
- Place into the over at 100 degrees celcius and bake for ten minutes.
- At the point take it out and check if it is soft, if it’s still hard place back in the over for another ten (and so on until soft).
- Remove from the oven and put avocado in fridge till it cools.
- Open up the packet and enjoy a full ripe and soft avo.
You know the feeling. You’re desperate for some avo on toast but the only ones in the supermarket are hard as rocks.
Never fear, ladies and gentlemen, because the key to ripening avocados in an instant has been unveiled by PureWow.
In the ultimate solution to the first world problem that is under ripe avocados, PureWow reveal a super easy and fast way to get your fruit to ripen.
Here it is:
The website notes that really hard avocados can take up to an hour to soften – but that’s still a small price to pay for getting what you want.
Avocados naturally produce ethylene gas (the same as bananas) which causes the fruit to ripen. Typically, this gas is released slowly but when the avocado is wrapped in tin foil and baked, the gas surrounds it and speeds up the ripening process.
- Celebrity NewsMiley Cyrus has shared brand new photos from her wedding to Liam Hemsworth
Now To LoveYesterday 2:00pm
- RoyalsPrincess Eugenie's special message to husband Jack Brooksbank
Now To LoveYesterday 12:00pm
- CareerKiwi women who've made it their mission to make life better for others
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 11:35am
- BodyThis 9 year old has a new heart thanks to one family's incredible gift of life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 11:00am
- RoyalsPrince Harry spent Valentine's Day next to a shrine dedicated to himself and Duchess Meghan
Now To LoveYesterday 10:30am
- Married at First SightMAFS' Matthew Bennett insists losing his virginity to Lauren hasn't changed him
Now To LoveYesterday 8:30am
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine looks gorgeous in Gucci as she attends the 100 Women in Finance Gala
Now To LoveFeb 14, 2019
- RelationshipsArt Green and Matilda Rice's family plans: they are so clucky!
Woman's DayFeb 14, 2019
- CompetitionsWin a double pass to Ports of Auckland Round the Bays plus a Samsung S9
Now To LoveFeb 14, 2019
- Celebrity NewsCold Feet's Hermione Norris lists all the reasons why she'd love to live in New Zealand
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyFeb 14, 2019
- WeddingsShortland St star Beluah Koale marries his soulmate in a day of 'pure joy'
Woman's DayFeb 13, 2019