A High Tea by Cordis is the perfect treat for families, foodies and romantic getaways. Their exquisite array of handcrafted sweets, pastries and fluffy scones are inspired by delicious New Zealand ingredients and served on elegant fine china.
Executive chef Volker Marecek is committed to seasonal food and changes the menu four times a year to reflect this, adapting the pastries and cakes on offer to represent the flavours and colours of each season.
He is proud to serve a fully vegan option, lovingly created with the exactly the same level of care and creativity. Enjoy the toasted roasted cauliflower with citrus and curry, and pita pockets filled with seasonal roasted vegetables and hummus, or indulge in a decadent eggless chocolate cake served with coconut whip and caramel popcorn.
Catering for special events such as baby showers, small weddings and family occasions can be tailored to order. The Cordis team have made a name for themselves crafting a number of special high teas including Mary Poppins, Chocolate High Tea for Easter and a New Zealand High Tea.
For Shelley Ferguson, Sophie Gray and Sido Kitchin, their High Tea by Cordis experience was one they won't easily forget.
"My husband, two boys and I were treated to a New Zealand-inspired high tea in the hotel lobby. The tables were stunningly decorated with flowers and foliage and the selection of delicacies was extraordinary – the boys felt very grown up, special and pampered, and so did we.
"Some hotels are all about me time, but this was our time, as a family. Who says you can't relax in the city?"
"No visit to Cordis is complete without experiencing High Tea by Cordis, and the resident tea sommelier ensures you don't confuse your Assam with your Oolong.
"When it comes to flavour matching, I always take advantage of expert advice and the staff were both charming and knowledgeable.
"The food is outstanding, witty and intricate, but the highlight was a house-blended tea of camomile and butterfly pea flowers – bright blue when poured, turning to violet when lemon was added, this liquid magic concluded a marvellous meal."
"Who knew having a cup of tea could be quite so fancy?! Cordis is full of special memories for Conrad and I after enjoying a weekend stay together – and we'll never forget the High Tea in the elegant Lobby Lounge.
"With over 100 choices of tea on the menu and a silver tray piled high with treats, it would be easy to be overwhelmed, but our lovely tea sommelier soon put us at ease with her expert knowledge – and a glass of champagne!
"In addition to the classic cucumber sandwiches and fluffy scones with cream and jam, there were so many yummy delights to choose from, we didn't know where to start. Again, our expert was on hand – begin at the bottom tier and work your way up – starting with savoury and ending with the decadent sweets. Amazing!"
- RoyalsPrince George and Princess Charlotte's special bond with Archie
Now To LoveToday 1:30pm
- WeddingsJacinda Ardern has revealed new details about how Clarke Gayford proposed to her
Now To LoveToday 1:28pm
- BodyThe truth about osteoporosis and bone health for Kiwi women
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 1:00pm
- CareerMean Mums' Anna Jullienne: What she's learned about raising boys, and other fun facts
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 1:00pm
- FamilyJacinda Ardern reveals who Neve gets her 'strong will' from
Now To LoveToday 10:42am
- TVMy Kitchen Rules' Piper breaks her silence on her relationship with Victor
Now To LoveToday 10:00am
- BodyHayley Holt opens up about how sobriety has made her braver and stronger
Good Health ChoicesToday 8:30am
- Pregnancy & BirthSamantha Hayes excitedly announces the gender of her baby
Now To LoveYesterday 12:00pm
- Diet & NutritionThe truth about coconut oil: Is it actually as good for us as we've been told?
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 10:00am
- CareerMean Mums' Morgana O'Reilly gets candid about her school days
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 9:23am
- FamilyHow to get your children off the screens and out into the sunshine
Good Health ChoicesJul 20, 2019
- CareerHow Louise Stainthorpe went from stay at home mum to 'badass businesswoman'
Woman's DayJul 19, 2019
- Married at First SightMAFS' Tamara Joy has hooked up with the brother of a fellow MAFS bride
Now To LoveJul 19, 2019
- FitnessCommon mistakes to avoid when you're working out for weight loss
Good Health ChoicesJul 19, 2019