It's been more than 40 years since Jaclyn Smith, Farrah Fawcett and Kate Jackson first came together as Charlie's original angels, but looking at a fit and fabulous Jaclyn today, you'd never know four decades have passed.
As the latest reboot of the beloved Charlie's Angels franchise premieres – this time starring Twilight's Kristen Stewart (29) and Pitch Perfect's Elizabeth Banks (45) – Jaclyn, now 74, says her incarnation of angels set the tone for sexy, street-smart women.
"The feminists didn't like us because they said we were Barbie dolls prancing around," she muses. "We wore pretty things, but we didn't flaunt our sexuality. It wasn't salacious."
These days you can find Jaclyn, who played Kelly Garrett, holed up at her fabulous Los Angeles estate.
Apart from the odd cameo she doesn't act much anymore, instead focusing on her low-cost fashion collaborations, with her eponymous line at Kmart still going more than 33 years after its first collection.
In fact, Jaclyn was one of the first actresses to lend her brand and profile to a retail venture.
But it was her turn as one of Charlie's angels for which she'll forever be remembered.
Jaclyn says that she, Farrah and Kate shared a tight friendship, a bond that remained the same even after the other two moved on and were replaced by Cheryl Ladd, Shelley Hack and Tanya Rogers.
"We went across that bridge, and in the blink of an eye our lives changed. To be in a hit show, that's rare. I guess that's why we're still talking about it 40 years later," she says.
"Farrah was this luscious pin-up but very innocent, Kate was cerebral and outspoken. I remember being described as a soft cushion between analytical Kate and flashy Farrah."
The original angels were also there for each other when all three developed cancer – a strange quirk that wasn't lost on them.
"We were all like, 'What the heck happened? Were we drinking a certain water?'" she asks.
Today, Jaclyn's the picture of health − she doesn't smoke or drink and eats "lots of berries and vegetables" − and lives a comfortable, though not 'flashy', life with her fourth husband Brad Allen, who's a heart surgeon.
"You're looking at a clean-living girl," she says, adding that she's never had any plastic surgery – though she is a fan of lasers and peels.
"There are little things I'd like to do but Brad doesn't want me to; he knows surgery can go wrong."
And while her face is destined to remain plastic-free, Jaclyn plans to spend the rest of her days working and enjoying life.
"I remember once saying, 'I really want to challenge myself.' And, believe me, I got that wish. I feel very proud at my age to still be doing it all.
"But if it all ended tomorrow, I'd be a happy woman."
- At homeEntertaining with ease thanks to the latest tech products
Now To LoveToday 11:50am
- RoyalsTake a look back at Queen Elizabeth’s first televised Christmas message 62 years ago
Now To LoveToday 11:30am
- MindZac Guildford's candid confession about his battle with drugs and depression
Woman's DayToday 9:50am
- SkincareAcne and exfoliating: does it make your skin worse?
Now To LoveToday 8:00am
- RoyalsThe impact of having Sussex Royal follow you on Instagram
Now To LoveYesterday 3:00pm
- MakeupDo eyebrows grow back? How to regrow over plucked brows
Now To LoveYesterday 2:42pm
- FamilyThe new online shopping portal giving back to Kiwi charities
Now To LoveYesterday 1:11pm
- FamilyThe Topp Twins on facing their first Christmas without their beloved dad
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:50am
- CareerMeet the woman behind one of New Zealand's most classic Kiwi holiday tunes
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:44am
- PetsPet quirks and personalities: Finding the right pet for you and your family
Now To LoveYesterday 9:25am
- SkincareThe difference between natural and chemical sunscreen
- BodyRadio star Sarah Gandy celebrates beating breast cancer
Woman's DayYesterday 8:55am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan's tips for hosting the perfect Christmas dinner
Now To LoveDec 09, 2019
- FamilyGemma McCaw's Christmas joy: 'Words can't describe how grateful I am'
Woman's DayDec 09, 2019