With International Women's Day less than a week behind us, we've all had a good dose of inspirational words from inspirational women.
But if you thought it had all been said, it hasn't. In this new Nike ad, above, tennis great Serena Williams gets you fired up all over again with her incredibly empowering words:
"I've never been the right kind of woman – oversized and overconfident.
"Too mean if I don't smile.
"Too black for my tennis whites.
"Too motivated for motherhood...
"But I'm proving time and time again there's no wrong way to be a woman."
There's the motto we should be sharing with our daughters right there: There's no wrong way to be a woman.
We would not be exaggerating if we were to say Serena Williams is one of the greatest tennis players the world has ever seen, and what we love about her is she does things her way. She sent everyone into a spin last year when she won the Australian Open while pregnant. And when retired tennis great John McEnroe implied that she wouldn't even rank in world tennis if she was competing against men she was quick to shoot him down.
Since becoming a mum she has taken to social media about the realities of motherhood, and opened up discussions that have covered everything from just how dangerous childbirth can be to the virtues of push presents and teething struggles.
Through it all she has shown that there are no limits to the number of facets a woman can have.
Yep, we're feeling ready to take on the world now too.
- MoneyMoney expert Mary Holm reveals how much money you really need in the bank when you retire - and it's not as much as you think
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 12:10pm
- RoyalsFlower arranging and cute cookies: Inside Duchess Meghan's gorgeous baby shower
Now To LoveToday 10:00am
- BodyKiwi teen's bizarre diagnosis: 'You have a plant growing in your ear'
Now To LoveToday 8:20am
- RoyalsWho are all the celebrity guests at Duchess Meghan's baby shower?
Now To LoveYesterday 3:00pm
- Parenting NewsZoe Marshall urges: don't kiss other people's babies on the mouth
Now To LoveYesterday 1:31pm
- RoyalsBeyonce and JAY-Z just made a surprising tribute to Duchess Meghan in their Brit Awards acceptance speech
Now To LoveYesterday 12:05pm
- Celebrity NewsCoro Street's new bad girl - Connie Hyde reveals what it's like playing Sally's sister Gina
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:22am
- TVSir David Attenborough the legend: how he's still producing groundbreaking TV series at age 92
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- RoyalsSerena Williams joins Duchess Meghan for a night out in New York City
Now To LoveYesterday 8:30am
- Married at First SightMAFS' Elizabeth and Bronson speak out about the developing affair between Sam and Ines
Now To LoveYesterday 8:00am
- Celebrity NewsLady Gaga has called off her engagement to Christian Carino
Now To LoveFeb 20, 2019