Sex And The City's Sarah Jessica Parker has collaborated with Kiwi wine makers to produce her own signature blend of wine, and it's about to hit our shelves.
Following the success of Graham Norton's collaboration with New Zealand's Invivo wine, SJP is the latest celebrity to work with winemakers Rob Cameron and Tim Lightbourne to produce a sauvignon blanc . Her drop, "Invivo X", offers notes of "grapefruit, honey suckle flower, passionfruit and citrus zest".
In a radio interivew with Newstalk ZB's Mike Hosking, the Hollywood star opened up about her reasons for taking on the new venture.
She said, "The idea of doing something new, that asks something different of me, that challenges me in new ways. But I think most importantly it has to be something that I'm genuinely enthusiastic about, interested in, and can authentically talk about it with consumers and customers... "
SJP, who spoke out in support of the #MeToo movement earlier this year, revealed that samples from Marlborough, which were harvested in April, were sent to her in New York where she worked with Cameron and Lightbourne to create her signature blend.
"I've been wonderfully involved, because that's how I prefer it," she revealed. "Then I can talk about the product in just a more genuine way," she added.
She said it was a real coup to be able to say her signature drop was created from New Zealand-grown grapes.
"To say that our grapes are from the Marlborough region, that this is a New Zealand sauvignon blanc, this is the crème de la crème ... That makes this endeavour sweeter and more meaningful to me ... it's a total fricken thrill".
The Hollywood star, who shares three children with husband Matthew Broderick, shared news of the collaboration earlier this year, posting on Instagram:
"X, marks the drop! Proud to reveal and introduce Invivo X, SJP Sauvignon Blanc!
"First samples just arrived in NYC from the famous Sauvignon Blanc Marlborough region in New Zealand. I've popped the cork and am now even more excited for its September worldwide launch!"
She continued, "Starting day 1, this collaboration has been real smooth, just like a fine wine, from those early conversations to designing the #invivoxsjp label to my first blending sessions, all thanks to the mellow, amazing and grape smart @Invivowines fellows that I am fortunate to call partners."
- RoyalsPrince William’s romantic surprise on Kate Middleton’s birthday
Now To LoveJan 17, 2022
- RoyalsThe Queen has stripped Prince Andrew of his military titles and royal patronages
Now To LoveJan 14, 2022
- Celebrity NewsAt home with Dame Kiri: 'You'll never want to leave!'
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJan 13, 2022
- Real LifeOne-armed Kiwi dancer Brylee Mills reveals why her disability won't stop her
Woman's DayJan 13, 2022
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine’s portrait photographer, Paolo Roversi, reveals Prince William and the kids’ favourite photo, plus special behind the scenes details
The Australian Women's WeeklyJan 13, 2022
- Celebrity NewsChris and Mel Cairns: 'We're in this battle together'
Woman's DayJan 13, 2022
- Celebrity NewsIn memoriam: Paying tribute to the stars we have sadly lost in 2022
Now To LoveJan 11, 2022
- RoyalsThree new portraits of Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge have been released to mark her milestone 40th birthday
The Australian Women's WeeklyJan 09, 2022