As one chapter ends, another begins. And so it is for Samantha Hayes, who is on her first official day of maternity leave today.
The Newshub presenter presented her last live news bulletin on Three last night, and from tonight she will be watching the news from the comfort of her couch.
The end of an era was clearly felt keenly by the expectant mother, who took to social media after the news to write, "Tonight was my last night presenting the news for a while.
"I feel sad saying goodbye to my @newshubnz family, who I adore, but I'm also so excited about beginning my own little family of three. Not long now till the little one arrives!"
Sam is due any day now, she's expecting a baby boy with her Dutch partner Jeroen "Jay" Blaauw, who she first met some years ago while she was traveling in Brazil.
The couple celebrated their pending arrival with a baby shower in August, which was organised by Sam's close friends, former Three colleague Claire Robbie and Harriet Wall and Anna Hood.
The former Dancing With The Stars winner has previously shared that her pregnancy came as a "happy surprise", but that it couldn't have come at a better time.
"My work has always been my main focus and I still can't believe how lucky I am to be doing a job I absolutely love," she told Woman's Day. "But I'm 35 now and it's definitely the right time for me to have a baby. I feel extremely lucky that it's come along."
Sam revealed that she hopes to raise "a little feminist", who will grow up knowing that Mummy's job is just as important as Dad's.
"I also want to be a fun mum," she told the publication. "I talk to him all the time in my tummy and I definitely feel a bond already. It's amazing to think that he's going to come out and greet us with his little personality. We just can't wait to meet him."
- CareerRenee Zellweger on the similarities between her life and Judy Garland's
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:35am
- CareerMike McRoberts on his former glory days on the rugby field
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:00am
- Married at First SightJules Robinson takes aim at some of the new MAFS Australia cast
Now To LoveYesterday 5:40pm
- Career'That pregnant runner' Alysia Montaño signs sponsorship deal with Kiwi company Cadenshae
Now To LoveYesterday 5:00pm
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine and Prince William have shared unseen footage of their royal tour of Pakistan
Now To LoveYesterday 12:20pm
- RoyalsPrince Harry finally addresses rumours of a rift with Prince William
Now To LoveYesterday 11:00am
- DestinationsFive must-do family-friendly walks from around the North Island
Now To LoveYesterday 8:45am
- RelationshipsA sex therapist shares her top tips on how to boost your sex life
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 8:30am
- Body6 reasons why it's the perfect time to spring clean your health
Good Health ChoicesOct 20, 2019
- CareerHow Silver Fern Katrina Rore has found balance after a whirlwind and emotional year
Woman's DayOct 20, 2019
- MindShortland Street's Rebekah Palmer on life after loss and finding happiness in the small things
Good Health ChoicesOct 19, 2019
- MindBest-selling author Gwendoline Smith: the truth about depression
The Australian Women's WeeklyOct 19, 2019