As one chapter ends, another begins. And so it is for Samantha Hayes, who is on her first official day of maternity leave today.
The Newshub presenter presented her last live news bulletin on Three last night, and from tonight she will be watching the news from the comfort of her couch.
The end of an era was clearly felt keenly by the expectant mother, who took to social media after the news to write, "Tonight was my last night presenting the news for a while.
"I feel sad saying goodbye to my @newshubnz family, who I adore, but I'm also so excited about beginning my own little family of three. Not long now till the little one arrives!"
Sam is due any day now, she's expecting a baby boy with her Dutch partner Jeroen "Jay" Blaauw, who she first met some years ago while she was traveling in Brazil.
The couple celebrated their pending arrival with a baby shower in August, which was organised by Sam's close friends, former Three colleague Claire Robbie and Harriet Wall and Anna Hood.
The former Dancing With The Stars winner has previously shared that her pregnancy came as a "happy surprise", but that it couldn't have come at a better time.
"My work has always been my main focus and I still can't believe how lucky I am to be doing a job I absolutely love," she told Woman's Day. "But I'm 35 now and it's definitely the right time for me to have a baby. I feel extremely lucky that it's come along."
Sam revealed that she hopes to raise "a little feminist", who will grow up knowing that Mummy's job is just as important as Dad's.
"I also want to be a fun mum," she told the publication. "I talk to him all the time in my tummy and I definitely feel a bond already. It's amazing to think that he's going to come out and greet us with his little personality. We just can't wait to meet him."
- RoyalsPrince Harry reveals he felt 'there was no option' but to leave royal life
Now To LoveToday 11:18am
- RoyalsMike and Zara Tindall open up about family life and why they consider Australia their 'second home'
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 11:00am
- Diet & NutritionWhich diet would work best for you according to your personality
Good Health ChoicesToday 8:00am
- RoyalsThe Queen confirms the Sussexes will no longer use their HRH titles in an update on their royal exit
Now To LoveYesterday 9:15am
- MindParalympian Sophie Pascoe opens up about her two-year private battle and why she tries to stay real on social media
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 7:57am
- Body8 Kiwi stars reveal their health, fitness and wellbeing goals for 2020
Good Health ChoicesJan 18, 2020
- MindHow to live a life less rushed: savouring the good times
NEXTJan 18, 2020
- CareerBrendan Cole's new X-Factor Celebrity gig and why he's happy to have the tables turned
Woman's DayJan 18, 2020
- CompetitionsWin $200 worth of back to school gift cards with Woman's Day
Now To LoveJan 17, 2020
- WeddingsSevens star Stacey Waaka's heavenly Waikato wedding
Woman's DayJan 17, 2020
- RoyalsThe cute moment Prince William mistakes a photo of himself for Princess Charlotte
Now To LoveJan 16, 2020
- Pregnancy & BirthMeet Jessica Mutch-McKay's sweet little bundle of joy Margaux
Woman's DayJan 16, 2020
- CompetitionsWin an amazing Dr. Hauschka pamper pack worth $530
Good Health ChoicesJan 16, 2020