"I think self-belief is one key lesson that took me a while to learn but when I did finally start believing in myself, life started looking a lot different.
I believe it's something a lot of people struggle with from a young age and into adulthood.
The ability for us to see our own potential can be impacted in a lot of ways or by events throughout our life but once we get to a point of being able to clear away all of the clutter and negative stories we hold to be true about ourselves, we soon start seeing we are pretty awesome people who deserve to be happy, have the potential to be successful and start to find confidence in chasing our own life goals and dreams.
Like me, I know there are a lot of young Māori girls and women out there who truly struggle to see their own self-worth and value. And that makes me really sad because I know many have so much to offer the world.
The biggest thing that blows me away about myself and how far I've come with self-belief and confidence is that today I can get up in front of hundreds of people and speak publically, without a worry.
I'm confident I can get my message across and mostly I enjoy it. Go back to when I was 19, had a young baby and not sure where I was heading in life. I struggled and felt embarrassed to even talk on the telephone in front of other people.
Do what you can to help others believe in themselves, especially if you have been through your journey of self-discovery and have the ability to help others in any moment. Please do. You could help change the course of someone's life just by helping them see how amazing they are."
- BodyRadio host Sarah Gandy has been diagnosed with breast cancer
Now To LoveToday 12:13pm
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan has jetted off to New York for her baby shower
Now To LoveToday 11:36am
- FertilityTips for couples who are trying to conceive and not pregnant yet
Now To LoveToday 11:19am
- Pregnancy & BirthGemma McCaw's praise for the midwife who delivered baby Charlotte
Woman's DayToday 7:00am
- MoneyOnline shopping fails - Kiwi consumers' hilarious tales
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- Celebrity NewsHarper Beckham and Anna Wintour's priceless twinning moment
Now To LoveYesterday 2:28pm
- RoyalsPrince William and Prince Harry are reportedly splitting their royal household after 10 years together
Now To LoveYesterday 12:15pm
- RoyalsHappy Birthday Prince Andrew: 7 things you may not know about the Duke of York
Now To LoveYesterday 9:30am
- Destinations CitiesThe all-women Bali retreat that saved my soul after my fiancé left me
The Australian Women's WeeklyFeb 17, 2019
- BodyWhy Olivia Newton-John isn't letting battling cancer for the third time get her down
Good Health ChoicesFeb 17, 2019
- Married at First SightMAFS baby on board? Reports suggest this bride is already pregnant
Now To LoveFeb 17, 2019