If there's one thing The Project's Kanoa Lloyd is getting more and more comfortable with on live TV, it's showing her vulnerable side.
Her empathetic coverage of the Christchurch mosque attacks saw her close to tears many times, and when she opened up about her anxiety in a themed week on the show last year about mental health, her honesty reverberated with New Zealanders.
She says she initially hadn't planned to share her own experiences, but ended up writing "a little piece" and showing it to her boss, who encouraged her to read it on air.
Kanoa has discovered that one of the best things about working on a weeknight current affairs TV show is that she gets to reach out to New Zealanders about issues she feels are important.
"I keep on getting to do that and no one has told me not to yet," she smiles.
In this video Kanoa shares with us the values and mantras she lives by, what shaped her in childhood and why being your own best friend is the kindest thing you can do for yourself.
For more great videos, check out our YouTube channel.
- At homeHow clean, green living can start with small day-to-day changes in the kitchen
Now To LoveToday 10:45am
- TVLaura Daniel and her DWTS partner Shae Mountain get matching tattoos
Now To LoveToday 10:41am
- RoyalsPrince William was just asked how he'd feel if one of his children came out as gay
Now To LoveToday 10:00am
- CareerMeet the trailblazing female shepherd who won a prestigious award previously only won by men
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:18am
- RoyalsYet another example of the harsh double standard Duchess Meghan faces
Now To LoveToday 8:15am
- RoyalsSarah, Duchess of York, is recognised with an award for her charity work
Now To LoveYesterday 12:10pm
- RoyalsHow much do the royal family spend on travel a year?
Now To LoveYesterday 11:00am
- RoyalsThe Queen just passed on this very special patronage to Duchess Catherine
Now To LoveYesterday 8:30am
- TVThe Block NZ Firehouse contestants Sophia and Mikaere: 'We'll come out stronger than ever'
Woman's DayYesterday 8:05am
- BodyA cup of coffee a day could be the secret to burning fat
Now To LoveJun 25, 2019