Her middle name is Joanna but we think it should be changed to 'Dignity'. Jennifer Dignity Aniston - do you think it has a ring to it?
While we haven't loved all her movies we've always considered her completely kickass for the way she's held her dignity over the years amidst the rumours that have plagued her. Jen Aniston's relationships have been picked apart mercilessly since her 2005 split with ex husband Brad Pitt, and the pregnancy/infertility speculation has surfaced and resurfaced continually.
Boy, it's hard to be a woman of child-bearing age when you don't have children in this world. Especially, it seems, when you're Jennifer Aniston.
But in her latest interview with InStyle magazine Jen puts paid to the fertility speculation beautifully.
When asked what she thought the biggest misconceptions about her were, she replied:
"The misconceptions are 'Jen can't keep a man', and 'Jen refuses to have a baby because she's selfish and committed to her career'. Or that I'm sad and heartbroken. First, with all due respect, I'm not heartbroken. And second, those are reckless assumptions.
"No one knows what's going on behind closed doors. No one considers how sensitive that might be for my partner and me. They don't know what I've been through medically or emotionally. There is a pressure on women to be mothers, and if they are not, then they're deemed damaged goods. Maybe my purpose on this planet isn't to procreate. Maybe I have other things I'm supposed to do?"
For the first time she has acknowledged that maybe there have been medical reasons for her not becoming a mother, but in true Jennifer Aniston style she also makes the point that it's not really anyone else's business, and that maybe the constant speculation has been mindless, ill-considered and hurtful.
She speaks for all women who have struggled with infertility or chosen not to have children when she castigates the pressure that is put on women by society to be mothers.
In the interview Jen also reveals that she's looking forward to new beginnings, following her split with second husband Justin Theroux. She talks about her new movie Dumplin' and divulges that she's an Instagram voyeur. Well, aren't we all!
- BodyRadio host Sarah Gandy has been diagnosed with breast cancer
Now To LoveToday 12:13pm
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan has jetted off to New York for her baby shower
Now To LoveToday 11:36am
- FertilityTips for couples who are trying to conceive and not pregnant yet
Now To LoveToday 11:19am
- Pregnancy & BirthGemma McCaw's praise for the midwife who delivered baby Charlotte
Woman's DayToday 7:00am
- MoneyOnline shopping fails - Kiwi consumers' hilarious tales
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- Celebrity NewsHarper Beckham and Anna Wintour's priceless twinning moment
Now To LoveYesterday 2:28pm
- RoyalsPrince William and Prince Harry are reportedly splitting their royal household after 10 years together
Now To LoveYesterday 12:15pm
- RoyalsHappy Birthday Prince Andrew: 7 things you may not know about the Duke of York
Now To LoveYesterday 9:30am
- Destinations CitiesThe all-women Bali retreat that saved my soul after my fiancé left me
The Australian Women's WeeklyFeb 17, 2019
- BodyWhy Olivia Newton-John isn't letting battling cancer for the third time get her down
Good Health ChoicesFeb 17, 2019
- Married at First SightMAFS baby on board? Reports suggest this bride is already pregnant
Now To LoveFeb 17, 2019