Her middle name is Joanna but we think it should be changed to 'Dignity'. Jennifer Dignity Aniston - do you think it has a ring to it?
While we haven't loved all her movies we've always considered her completely kickass for the way she's held her dignity over the years amidst the rumours that have plagued her. Jen Aniston's relationships have been picked apart mercilessly since her 2005 split with ex husband Brad Pitt, and the pregnancy/infertility speculation has surfaced and resurfaced continually.
Boy, it's hard to be a woman of child-bearing age when you don't have children in this world. Especially, it seems, when you're Jennifer Aniston.
But in her latest interview with InStyle magazine Jen puts paid to the fertility speculation beautifully.
When asked what she thought the biggest misconceptions about her were, she replied:
"The misconceptions are 'Jen can't keep a man', and 'Jen refuses to have a baby because she's selfish and committed to her career'. Or that I'm sad and heartbroken. First, with all due respect, I'm not heartbroken. And second, those are reckless assumptions.
"No one knows what's going on behind closed doors. No one considers how sensitive that might be for my partner and me. They don't know what I've been through medically or emotionally. There is a pressure on women to be mothers, and if they are not, then they're deemed damaged goods. Maybe my purpose on this planet isn't to procreate. Maybe I have other things I'm supposed to do?"
For the first time she has acknowledged that maybe there have been medical reasons for her not becoming a mother, but in true Jennifer Aniston style she also makes the point that it's not really anyone else's business, and that maybe the constant speculation has been mindless, ill-considered and hurtful.
She speaks for all women who have struggled with infertility or chosen not to have children when she castigates the pressure that is put on women by society to be mothers.
In the interview Jen also reveals that she's looking forward to new beginnings, following her split with second husband Justin Theroux. She talks about her new movie Dumplin' and divulges that she's an Instagram voyeur. Well, aren't we all!
- RelationshipsWhy women in their forties love Keanu Reeves and Alexandra Grant
Now To LoveToday 12:26pm
- WeddingsThe songs Kiwi celebrities walked down the aisle to
Now To LoveToday 8:35am
- FamilyThe best home and baby products for new and expectant parents
Now To LoveToday 8:20am
- MindListening to Adele in the car can help reduce stress a new study has found
Now To LoveYesterday 2:45pm
- RoyalsPrince Charles celebrates his birthday with an unexpected pop star and launches a clothing collection
Now To LoveYesterday 11:00am
- Career'I always wanted to work with animals': A day in the life of a border control customs officer
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:22am
- BodyI survived breast cancer: Greg Sargeaunt is one of 25 Kiwi men diagnosed with breast cancer every year
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:10am
- TVJohn Campbell gets objectified by Matty McLean on Breakfast and loves it
Now To LoveYesterday 8:56am
- RoyalsThe Palace announces the Sussexes will not join the royal family for Christmas at Sandringham
Now To LoveYesterday 8:30am
- CareerRachel Hunter on being single, her love affair with India and why she never feels alone
The Australian Women's WeeklyNov 13, 2019
- Pregnancy & BirthHilaria Baldwin begins her journey of healing after miscarrying fifth child
Now To LoveNov 13, 2019
- PetsCelebrities and their pets: Shortland Street's Ria Vandervis and princess pooch Maeby
Woman's DayNov 13, 2019
- SkincareGemma McCaw's 4 natural beauty treatments you can make at home yourself
Now To LoveNov 13, 2019