Her middle name is Joanna but we think it should be changed to 'Dignity'. Jennifer Dignity Aniston - do you think it has a ring to it?
While we haven't loved all her movies we've always considered her completely kickass for the way she's held her dignity over the years amidst the rumours that have plagued her. Jen Aniston's relationships have been picked apart mercilessly since her 2005 split with ex husband Brad Pitt, and the pregnancy/infertility speculation has surfaced and resurfaced continually.
Boy, it's hard to be a woman of child-bearing age when you don't have children in this world. Especially, it seems, when you're Jennifer Aniston.
But in her latest interview with InStyle magazine Jen puts paid to the fertility speculation beautifully.
When asked what she thought the biggest misconceptions about her were, she replied:
"The misconceptions are 'Jen can't keep a man', and 'Jen refuses to have a baby because she's selfish and committed to her career'. Or that I'm sad and heartbroken. First, with all due respect, I'm not heartbroken. And second, those are reckless assumptions.
"No one knows what's going on behind closed doors. No one considers how sensitive that might be for my partner and me. They don't know what I've been through medically or emotionally. There is a pressure on women to be mothers, and if they are not, then they're deemed damaged goods. Maybe my purpose on this planet isn't to procreate. Maybe I have other things I'm supposed to do?"
For the first time she has acknowledged that maybe there have been medical reasons for her not becoming a mother, but in true Jennifer Aniston style she also makes the point that it's not really anyone else's business, and that maybe the constant speculation has been mindless, ill-considered and hurtful.
She speaks for all women who have struggled with infertility or chosen not to have children when she castigates the pressure that is put on women by society to be mothers.
In the interview Jen also reveals that she's looking forward to new beginnings, following her split with second husband Justin Theroux. She talks about her new movie Dumplin' and divulges that she's an Instagram voyeur. Well, aren't we all!
- MindDiane Keaton opens up about her heartache over her brother's mental health struggles in new book
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 11:30am
- RoyalsThe Royal Family's birthday message to Prince Andrew has been met with controversy
Now To LoveYesterday 4:25pm
- Diet & NutritionThe Sirtfood Diet: The weight loss plan that gives chocolate and red wine the big thumbs up
Now To LoveYesterday 11:25am
- Real LifeWhite Island survivor Kelsey Waghorn shares recovery images and discovers what a small world we live in
Now To LoveYesterday 11:23am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan and Prince Harry have confirmed more details about their future
Now To LoveYesterday 10:15am
- Real LifeThe 2011 Christchurch earthquake struck the day after my birthday and changed my life forever
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:27am
- CompetitionsWin a brilliant Banana Boat prize pack worth $100!
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 9:00am
- RoyalsPrincess Diana’s niece Lady Kitty Spencer is converting to Judaism for her fiancé
Now To LoveFeb 18, 2020