Her middle name is Joanna but we think it should be changed to 'Dignity'. Jennifer Dignity Aniston - do you think it has a ring to it?
While we haven't loved all her movies we've always considered her completely kickass for the way she's held her dignity over the years amidst the rumours that have plagued her. Jen Aniston's relationships have been picked apart mercilessly since her 2005 split with ex husband Brad Pitt, and the pregnancy/infertility speculation has surfaced and resurfaced continually.
Boy, it's hard to be a woman of child-bearing age when you don't have children in this world. Especially, it seems, when you're Jennifer Aniston.
But in her latest interview with InStyle magazine Jen puts paid to the fertility speculation beautifully.
When asked what she thought the biggest misconceptions about her were, she replied:
"The misconceptions are 'Jen can't keep a man', and 'Jen refuses to have a baby because she's selfish and committed to her career'. Or that I'm sad and heartbroken. First, with all due respect, I'm not heartbroken. And second, those are reckless assumptions.
"No one knows what's going on behind closed doors. No one considers how sensitive that might be for my partner and me. They don't know what I've been through medically or emotionally. There is a pressure on women to be mothers, and if they are not, then they're deemed damaged goods. Maybe my purpose on this planet isn't to procreate. Maybe I have other things I'm supposed to do?"
For the first time she has acknowledged that maybe there have been medical reasons for her not becoming a mother, but in true Jennifer Aniston style she also makes the point that it's not really anyone else's business, and that maybe the constant speculation has been mindless, ill-considered and hurtful.
She speaks for all women who have struggled with infertility or chosen not to have children when she castigates the pressure that is put on women by society to be mothers.
In the interview Jen also reveals that she's looking forward to new beginnings, following her split with second husband Justin Theroux. She talks about her new movie Dumplin' and divulges that she's an Instagram voyeur. Well, aren't we all!
- CareerHow Louise Stainthorpe went from stay at home mum to 'badass businesswoman'
Woman's DayToday 3:15pm
- FitnessCommon mistakes to avoid when you're working out for weight loss
Good Health ChoicesToday 9:30am
- RoyalsThe very unusual way Duchess Camilla just celebrated her 72nd birthday
Now To LoveYesterday 2:00pm
- RoyalsThe caring gesture that no one saw: How Duchess Catherine consoled Duchess Meghan at Wimbledon
Now To LoveYesterday 10:06am
- TVThe Block NZ's Lisa and Ribz fire back at the 'harsh and nasty' judges
Woman's DayYesterday 10:00am
- CareerQueen of tiny: Why I love recreating everything I see in miniature
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- TVHayley Holt reveals who her dream co-host would be and dishes on how work has affected her dating life
Now To LoveYesterday 8:30am
- CompetitionsWin a black and a rose gold Samsung Galaxy Watch Active worth $349 each!
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 7:00am
- WeddingsBride quits job to plan her dream wedding and demands her fiancé get a second job
Now To LoveJul 17, 2019
- BodyKaty Perry and Orlando Bloom's new age secret to staying young
Now To LoveJul 17, 2019
- Real LifeYoung dad's incredible feat to save his family from certain death
Woman's DayJul 16, 2019