After modelling for the likes of Victoria's Secret, Chanel, Yeezy and Balmain, Kiwi catwalk star Georgia Fowler sure has the experience to host Project Runway New Zealand.
The Brunette beauty has been jetting around the globe for work, but we managed to grab five minutes with her while she was on a brief trip home to film the new reality series.
Who was the first person you told about your new role?
Mum's always the first person I talk to about anything. She travelled the world with me when I first started modelling, so she's quite invested in my career and is always my biggest cheerleader.
Have you ever made any clothes yourself?
I can't sew – I wish I could! Imagine just being able to whip yourself up a little outfit.
Were you a fan of the original US series?
I loved it! I used to watch it a lot. When I found out I had the role, I was like "OK, I've done my homework," and whizzed through a bunch of seasons. It's a great show and I'm so excited it's coming to New Zealand.
What has your career highlight been so far?
What's the biggest challenge you've faced?
There's good and bad to every job, but I was away by myself from a very young age and had to deal with adult problems, like how I was going to pay the rent.
I'm constantly travelling all over the place by myself and have to face a lot of criticism. It can be tough, but I've grown a pretty thick skin. I've learnt to listen to the people who matter and block out anything else. That's how I try to go about my life now.
Did you ever want to throw in the towel?
I had a boyfriend back home and we did long-distance for a while. Often I was like, "I just want to be back home!" But I have that inner drive and ambition that makes me want to keep going.
There were definitely setbacks – you get so many nos and you wonder why you're doing it. Then you come back and all your friends are happy, living quite simply, going to the beach or the movies at the weekend. But after a few weeks at home, I always get itchy feet to go back overseas!
- WeddingsDying bride's perfect day: My final dream has come true
Woman's DayToday 2:25pm
- RoyalsPrince Harry's trick to beating a heatwave? ‘Budgie smugglers’, he says
Now To LoveToday 1:00pm
- TVWhat drove these celebs to sign up for Celebrity Treasure Island
Woman's DayToday 12:35pm
- Pregnancy & BirthWhy model Ashley Graham's baby bump photo has got everyone talking
Now To LoveToday 12:07pm
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine honours this lucky nine-year-old to celebrate World Photography Day
Now To LoveToday 11:15am
- CareerI loved him like a son: Phil Kingsley Jones remembers Jonah Lomu in his final years
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:29am
- TVMatty McLean says he's lived some of his proudest moments on Celebrity Treasure Island
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:09am
- TVThe redemption of former All Black Zac Guildford on Celebrity Treasure Island
Now To LoveYesterday 8:45pm
- TVKarl Burnett quits Celebrity Treasure Island as mental health suffers
Now To LoveYesterday 8:30pm
- Married at First SightMAFS' Cyrell Paule is expecting a baby with Love Island's Eden Dally
Now To LoveYesterday 1:21pm
- Pregnancy & BirthAll the gorgeous details from Samantha Hayes’ 'beautiful' baby shower
Now To LoveYesterday 12:17pm
- TVFour curious things we've learned about the stars on Celebrity Treasure Island
Now To LoveYesterday 10:42am
- TVThe first trailer for Married at First Sight NZ has been released and it's utter chaos
Now To LoveYesterday 9:48am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan and Prince Harry jet off on another family holiday to the south of France
Now To LoveYesterday 9:15am
- FamilyWhy Karl Burnett is hoping to be voted off Celebrity Treasure Island
Woman's DayYesterday 8:30am