He was always an outspoken judge on Dancing with the Stars New Zealand, but Kiwi dancer Brendan Cole's big mouth seems to have landed him the boot from the UK's version of the hit show after 15 seasons.
Brendan (41) has been fired from Strictly Come Dancing due to his "huge ego and difficult behaviour", insiders claim. The professional dancer confirmed the news he's been let go on a British daytime television show last week, admitting he was "in shock".
"It's quite hard to talk about," he says.
"The BBC haven't renewed my contract. I'm quite emotional, a bit raw about it."
While Brendan's opinionated manner has won him many fans, sources close to the series say the same cannot be said about its crew, who labelled him a nightmare to work with.
The final straw for producers seemingly came after Brendan gave an interview where he criticised the celebrities he was given to coach on Strictly.
"I don't have a say in who I am partnered with," he said. "I don't think you would do it if you knew who some of them were.
"I have not liked a few of them. It is more than 50% I have liked. When you meet people and work with them, you don't necessarily like all of them. Can I say that? I'm going to get fired, aren't I?"
Brendan, who was paired up with celebrities such as Lulu and Jo Wood, proved to be correct. Just weeks later, BBC bosses confirmed their decision not to renew his dancer's contract, with those close to the production said to be "relieved".
"Producers were said to be furious over his recent interview, in which he criticised his celebrity partners," a source tells. "They've always tolerated his rows with judges as it creates drama, but this was a step too far."
Another insider adds, "Brendan's ego and attitude became too much to handle, and in reality, that's why he's gone. He brought it on himself.
- BodyRadio host Sarah Gandy has been diagnosed with breast cancer
Now To LoveToday 12:13pm
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan has jetted off to New York for her baby shower
Now To LoveToday 11:36am
- FertilityTips for couples who are trying to conceive and not pregnant yet
Now To LoveToday 11:19am
- Pregnancy & BirthGemma McCaw's praise for the midwife who delivered baby Charlotte
Woman's DayToday 7:00am
- MoneyOnline shopping fails - Kiwi consumers' hilarious tales
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- Celebrity NewsHarper Beckham and Anna Wintour's priceless twinning moment
Now To LoveYesterday 2:28pm
- RoyalsPrince William and Prince Harry are reportedly splitting their royal household after 10 years together
Now To LoveYesterday 12:15pm
- RoyalsHappy Birthday Prince Andrew: 7 things you may not know about the Duke of York
Now To LoveYesterday 9:30am
- Destinations CitiesThe all-women Bali retreat that saved my soul after my fiancé left me
The Australian Women's WeeklyFeb 17, 2019
- BodyWhy Olivia Newton-John isn't letting battling cancer for the third time get her down
Good Health ChoicesFeb 17, 2019
- Married at First SightMAFS baby on board? Reports suggest this bride is already pregnant
Now To LoveFeb 17, 2019