Spend an hour with Anna Jullienne and you'll see she's nothing like her character, Heather Maloney, in the new TV Kiwi comedy series Mean Mums.
While Heather is an "alpha mum", earnestly over-involved in her primary school-aged daughter's school life, Anna is fun - although she jokes that if she was just 20 per cent more like Heather she'd really be able to "up the game a bit".
In a case of life imitating art, Anna also does the school run like her character, with the oldest of her two sons, Ted, having started school this year but she says that because she's a Year One mum "we sort of pull together and try and work out what we're doing".
In this video we get to know the former 800 Words and Shortland Street star better. Anna lets us in on what makes her tick and why exercise has become such an important part of her life.
She also talks about family. Anna grew up in an all-female household with four generations of women; the "female energy was strong", she says.
Now she lives with males - her husband, James Kermode, and their two young sons, Ted, five, and Jude, two. She jokes that wee-wee on her bathroom floor (from the two youngest members of the family) has made its way onto her pet peeves list, although she's also resigned to the fact that it's likely to stay for a few years yet.
Fortunately, the piece of advice from her mum that she has carried throughout her life puts her in good stead to deal with whatever challenges come her way.
Mean Mums screens on Three, Tuesdays at 8.30pm.
- Celebrity NewsJay-Jay Feeney and Paul Flynn: our perfect friendship
Woman's DayJan 08, 2021
- CompetitionsWin a double pass to our exclusive screening of Penguin Bloom
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyDec 27, 2020
- Celebrity NewsRobert Rakete's Christmas plans: 'It'll be a breeze!'
Woman's DayDec 25, 2020
- Celebrity NewsJase, Toni & Sam get festive with their four-legged friends
Woman's DayDec 21, 2020
- FamilyThe Terrace at Sylvia Park - what's on offer at this new dining destination
Now To LoveDec 16, 2020
- Celebrity NewsShortland Street's Ben Barrington and Ngahuia Piripi's Christmas celebrations
Woman's DayDec 16, 2020
- Celebrity NewsWendy Petrie and Matty McLean's festive cheer: 'Our hearts are so full'
Woman's DayDec 15, 2020
- Celebrity NewsKanoa Lloyd and Mike McRoberts' best Christmas ever
Woman's DayDec 14, 2020
- Celebrity NewsSoon I’ll be a dad to three under three! Sam Wallace shares his hopes and fears
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyDec 11, 2020
- Celebrity NewsCarolyn Keep's little miracle: 'The baby I never thought I'd have'
Woman's DayDec 10, 2020
- RoyalsMeghan Markle reveals she miscarried her second child in a powerful personal essay
Now To LoveNov 26, 2020
- CompetitionsWin a Farro Hamper and a double pass to Happiest Season
Now To LoveNov 25, 2020
- CompetitionsWin the Ultimate Teeth Whitening Prize Pack thanks to Colgate Optic White
Woman's DayNov 23, 2020