Most of us can look back on our teenage years as a mixture of moodiness, music videos and the mall. But some teenagers are using this time in their lives to get ahead in their careers, focus on charity or advocate for a better future.
We caught up with four such amazing teens: Nineteen-year-old Matt Billington only left school last year, but he has already created and run his own successful business, and is now six months into a high-powered role for a business education website.
Matt's friend and fellow teen Grace Stratton, 18, is in her first year of law and communication studies at AUT and is also a vital voice online, chipping away at people's perceptions of disabilities through her blog and social media channels.
Baradene College of the Sacred Heart student Molly Hillman, 15, has created a charity to provide students in low-decile schools with sturdy, warm footwear.
And 17-year-old Rose McMahon, who did the photography for this story, began building her career when she was just 11 years old.
In this video we talk to them about what they're doing, why they're doing it and how they got to be so amazing and inspirational.
- Celebrity NewsJay-Jay Feeney and Paul Flynn: our perfect friendship
Woman's DayJan 08, 2021
- CompetitionsWin a double pass to our exclusive screening of Penguin Bloom
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyDec 27, 2020
- Celebrity NewsRobert Rakete's Christmas plans: 'It'll be a breeze!'
Woman's DayDec 25, 2020
- Celebrity NewsJase, Toni & Sam get festive with their four-legged friends
Woman's DayDec 21, 2020
- FamilyThe Terrace at Sylvia Park - what's on offer at this new dining destination
Now To LoveDec 16, 2020
- Celebrity NewsShortland Street's Ben Barrington and Ngahuia Piripi's Christmas celebrations
Woman's DayDec 16, 2020
- Celebrity NewsWendy Petrie and Matty McLean's festive cheer: 'Our hearts are so full'
Woman's DayDec 15, 2020
- Celebrity NewsKanoa Lloyd and Mike McRoberts' best Christmas ever
Woman's DayDec 14, 2020
- Celebrity NewsSoon I’ll be a dad to three under three! Sam Wallace shares his hopes and fears
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyDec 11, 2020
- Celebrity NewsCarolyn Keep's little miracle: 'The baby I never thought I'd have'
Woman's DayDec 10, 2020
- RoyalsMeghan Markle reveals she miscarried her second child in a powerful personal essay
Now To LoveNov 26, 2020
- CompetitionsWin a Farro Hamper and a double pass to Happiest Season
Now To LoveNov 25, 2020
- CompetitionsWin the Ultimate Teeth Whitening Prize Pack thanks to Colgate Optic White
Woman's DayNov 23, 2020