Most of us can look back on our teenage years as a mixture of moodiness, music videos and the mall. But some teenagers are using this time in their lives to get ahead in their careers, focus on charity or advocate for a better future.
We caught up with four such amazing teens: Nineteen-year-old Matt Billington only left school last year, but he has already created and run his own successful business, and is now six months into a high-powered role for a business education website.
Matt's friend and fellow teen Grace Stratton, 18, is in her first year of law and communication studies at AUT and is also a vital voice online, chipping away at people's perceptions of disabilities through her blog and social media channels.
Baradene College of the Sacred Heart student Molly Hillman, 15, has created a charity to provide students in low-decile schools with sturdy, warm footwear.
And 17-year-old Rose McMahon, who did the photography for this story, began building her career when she was just 11 years old.
In this video we talk to them about what they're doing, why they're doing it and how they got to be so amazing and inspirational.
- MindHilary Barry's perfect clap back at a viewer: ‘Enough with the age-shaming’
Now To LoveToday 9:20am
- Diet & NutritionDiet and ‘detox’ teas have been pulled from New Zealand shelves
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- RelationshipsMatty McLean reveals what partner Ryan calls him… and it’s not what you'd think!
Now To LoveYesterday 1:26pm
- RoyalsPrince Charles met Greta Thunberg and revealed why he doesn't want to disappoint his grandchildren
Now To LoveYesterday 12:55pm
- CareerNigella Lawson's new direction at 60: 'I feel so much more open to anything and everything'
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:38am
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine speaks out about the isolation she felt when Prince George was a baby
Now To LoveYesterday 9:18am
- WeddingsIt's love-all for tennis star Michael Venus as he marries the mother of his child
Woman's DayYesterday 8:15am
- Pregnancy & BirthBreakfast’s Hayley Holt is expecting her first child
Now To LoveJan 22, 2020
- Real LifeFacing the fiery inferno: Kiwi family's frightening Aussie bushfire ordeal
Woman's DayJan 22, 2020
- FamilyRussell Crowe's heartwarming revelation about his sons strikes a chord with many
Now To LoveJan 21, 2020
- TVLaura Daniel joins Seven Sharp team as special correspondent
Now To LoveJan 21, 2020