Most of us can look back on our teenage years as a mixture of moodiness, music videos and the mall. But some teenagers are using this time in their lives to get ahead in their careers, focus on charity or advocate for a better future.
We caught up with four such amazing teens: Nineteen-year-old Matt Billington only left school last year, but he has already created and run his own successful business, and is now six months into a high-powered role for a business education website.
Matt's friend and fellow teen Grace Stratton, 18, is in her first year of law and communication studies at AUT and is also a vital voice online, chipping away at people's perceptions of disabilities through her blog and social media channels.
Baradene College of the Sacred Heart student Molly Hillman, 15, has created a charity to provide students in low-decile schools with sturdy, warm footwear.
And 17-year-old Rose McMahon, who did the photography for this story, began building her career when she was just 11 years old.
In this video we talk to them about what they're doing, why they're doing it and how they got to be so amazing and inspirational.
- FamilyReal Housewives of Auckland's Anne Batley-Burton on the sad secret to her business success
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 8:15am
- MindJo Seagar on the importance of talking about death
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 8:00am
- FamilyThese inspiring people are our individual 'Grandparent of the year' winners
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 4:00pm
- RoyalsAnother royal wedding: All the details from Lady Gabriella Windsor’s gorgeous nuptials
Now To LoveToday 1:20pm
- TVNadia Lim admits Dancing With The Stars is 'the biggest challenge I've ever taken on'
Woman's DayToday 1:00pm
- PetsMeet NZ's most lovable rescue pet: Tinkerbelle 'the wobble dog'
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 7:45am
- CareerAlexandria Ocasio-Cortez and the band of women shaking up America
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 12:00pm
- RoyalsHappy 1st wedding anniversary Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan! A timeline of their beautiful love story
Now To LoveYesterday 10:00am
- FamilyDancing with the Stars judge Rachel White on why NZ has a special place in her heart
Woman's DayYesterday 8:00am
- FamilyDear Thomasin and Davida: Miranda Harcourt's open letter to her daughters
The Australian Women's WeeklyMay 18, 2019
- MindThree women share their inspiring journeys towards empowerment, self-healing and learning to forgive
Good Health ChoicesMay 18, 2019
- FertilityAfter $70,000 spent on IVF Sharee Welch can finally hold her miracle twins
Woman's DayMay 18, 2019