I get up early in the mornings… between four and 5am. I need a lot of time on my hands to get the engine going, because I absolutely hate stressing before leaving the house.
I’ve got an alarm that goes off at 6am and the quote that I’ve added to it states: “Drop everything you’re doing! Push-ups and sit-ups - now!”
And that’s what I have to do. This is always followed by a coffee, then the kids normally wake up and it’s all go.
I usually try to manage to squeeze in at least one little meditation session during the day with the aid of an amazing meditation app I’ve found. It’s a very effective way to get some time to myself and allows me to relax.
I enjoy walking and bike riding but to be honest I haven’t had much time for that since the kids came along!
So I’ll just do the old fashioned home based push-ups (minimum of 20 on my toes), sit-ups and the odd squats.
Ever since I started my meditation - and I sometimes only do it for a couple of minutes - I find that it centres me and I come out the other side with less weight on my shoulders.
I’ve recently identified that it’s easy to remove oneself and become a recluse when going through tough times - this is probably the worst thing to do.
I’m learning to ask for help and will always turn to chocolate gelato for comfort and a snuggle with my beautiful children.
I feel most happy when I'm having a good laugh with people and feeling that I can add something to the mix that’s appreciated.
And no stress! When I’m at peace I “feel” more and have got more attention span to appreciate the things that are really important in life.
Be aware of what you’ve got to grateful for - and appreciate it. I have to stop and remind myself how good I’ve actually got it sometimes…
- At homeHow clean, green living can start with small day-to-day changes in the kitchen
Now To LoveToday 10:45am
- TVLaura Daniel and her DWTS partner Shae Mountain get matching tattoos
Now To LoveToday 10:41am
- RoyalsPrince William was just asked how he'd feel if one of his children came out as gay
Now To LoveToday 10:00am
- CareerMeet the trailblazing female shepherd who won a prestigious award previously only won by men
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:18am
- RoyalsYet another example of the harsh double standard Duchess Meghan faces
Now To LoveToday 8:15am
- RoyalsSarah, Duchess of York, is recognised with an award for her charity work
Now To LoveYesterday 12:10pm
- RoyalsHow much do the royal family spend on travel a year?
Now To LoveYesterday 11:00am
- RoyalsThe Queen just passed on this very special patronage to Duchess Catherine
Now To LoveYesterday 8:30am
- TVThe Block NZ Firehouse contestants Sophia and Mikaere: 'We'll come out stronger than ever'
Woman's DayYesterday 8:05am
- BodyA cup of coffee a day could be the secret to burning fat
Now To LoveJun 25, 2019
- CareerThe Chicks Suzanne Lynch on nearing 70 and life being more exciting than ever
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJun 25, 2019