Do you suffer from migraines during the day, or even wake up with them? The pounding. The tension. The pain.
If you're among the 27 million women who start most days with a headache, we have great news.
Experts have pinpointed several truly effective strategies for keeping them away. Try these tips to ensure a headache-free day.
Preventing morning dips in blood sugar by nibbling a filling, high-protein snack at bedtime can cut your risk of morning headaches in half within one week, recent studies show.
Up to eight in 10 people who snore wake up with a bad headache. Look for pillows that fight blocked nasal passages or help prop you up while you snooze.
Drinking two mugs of this aromatic, citrusy herbal brew can lower your risk for headaches thanks to eugenol, which shuts off pain the same way that small, steady doses of aspirin do.
Decorating your home with potted plants (or stepping outside to gaze at some natural greenery for 10 minutes a day) could cut the frequency of your morning headaches by 32 per cent.
At least six new studies suggest that correcting vitamin D shortfalls slashes morning migraines 80 per cent and reduces morning tension headache flare-ups by about 42 per cent.
To invite deep sleep, sip calming chamomile to relax your central nervous system and increase your nighttime production of endorphins, which lowers your risk for morning headaches by 50 per cent.
Via our sister site Woman's World.
- Celebrity NewsMiley Cyrus has shared brand new photos from her wedding to Liam Hemsworth
Now To LoveYesterday 2:00pm
- RoyalsPrincess Eugenie's special message to husband Jack Brooksbank
Now To LoveYesterday 12:00pm
- CareerKiwi women who've made it their mission to make life better for others
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 11:35am
- BodyThis 9 year old has a new heart thanks to one family's incredible gift of life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 11:00am
- RoyalsPrince Harry spent Valentine's Day next to a shrine dedicated to himself and Duchess Meghan
Now To LoveYesterday 10:30am
- Married at First SightMAFS' Matthew Bennett insists losing his virginity to Lauren hasn't changed him
Now To LoveYesterday 8:30am
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine looks gorgeous in Gucci as she attends the 100 Women in Finance Gala
Now To LoveFeb 14, 2019
- RelationshipsArt Green and Matilda Rice's family plans: they are so clucky!
Woman's DayFeb 14, 2019
- CompetitionsWin a double pass to Ports of Auckland Round the Bays plus a Samsung S9
Now To LoveFeb 14, 2019
- Celebrity NewsCold Feet's Hermione Norris lists all the reasons why she'd love to live in New Zealand
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyFeb 14, 2019
- WeddingsShortland St star Beluah Koale marries his soulmate in a day of 'pure joy'
Woman's DayFeb 13, 2019