Do you suffer from migraines during the day, or even wake up with them? The pounding. The tension. The pain.
If you're among the 27 million women who start most days with a headache, we have great news.
Experts have pinpointed several truly effective strategies for keeping them away. Try these tips to ensure a headache-free day.
Preventing morning dips in blood sugar by nibbling a filling, high-protein snack at bedtime can cut your risk of morning headaches in half within one week, recent studies show.
Up to eight in 10 people who snore wake up with a bad headache. Look for pillows that fight blocked nasal passages or help prop you up while you snooze.
Drinking two mugs of this aromatic, citrusy herbal brew can lower your risk for headaches thanks to eugenol, which shuts off pain the same way that small, steady doses of aspirin do.
Decorating your home with potted plants (or stepping outside to gaze at some natural greenery for 10 minutes a day) could cut the frequency of your morning headaches by 32 per cent.
At least six new studies suggest that correcting vitamin D shortfalls slashes morning migraines 80 per cent and reduces morning tension headache flare-ups by about 42 per cent.
To invite deep sleep, sip calming chamomile to relax your central nervous system and increase your nighttime production of endorphins, which lowers your risk for morning headaches by 50 per cent.
Via our sister site Woman's World.
- RoyalsHilary and Chelsea Clinton condemn the UK tabloids' treatment of Duchess Meghan as racist
Now To LoveToday 10:00am
- RoyalsPrincess Eugenie shares a never-before-seen video from her wedding to Jack Brooksbank
Now To LoveToday 9:10am
- MindThe world I discovered when I came off my anti-depressants
- MindFrom dating apps to social media - how to have a healthy relationship with your phone
Good Health ChoicesToday 10:00am
- FamilyAt home with Dame Valerie Adams and her 'lucky last' baby Kepaleli
Woman's DayToday 7:55am
- FamilyWhy, at 84, Sir Michael Parkinson is allowing his son to turn the tables and interview him on stage
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 12:00pm
- Diet & NutritionThe Mediterranean Diet: Is this the healthiest diet ever?
- FamilyThe Topp Twins on their absolute joy at having a baby in the family
Now To LoveYesterday 10:41am
- Married at First SightMarried at First Sight NZ brides share their body positivity secrets
Woman's DayYesterday 8:00am
- CareerMeet NEXT magazine's Woman Of The Year 2019 Winners
NEXTOct 11, 2019
- Mind‘I’m forever in your debt’: James Middleton shares an emotional tribute on Instagram
Now To LoveOct 11, 2019
- TVThe Bachelor Australia's Abbie Chatfield's heartbreaking abortion confession
Now To LoveOct 11, 2019
- MoneyJo Seagar gives her top tips on how to stay calm and solvent over Christmas
The Australian Women's WeeklyOct 11, 2019