1. Michelle Obama
- "When someone acts like a bully, you don't stoop to their level. No, our motto is, when they go low, we go high."
- "Failing is a crucial part of success. Every time you fail and get back up, you practice perseverance, which is key to life. Your strength comes in your ability to recover."
- "I would tell my younger self, take risks. Don't be afraid to fail. Don't worry about what other people say."
- "Success isn't about how much money you make, it's about the difference you make in people's lives."
- "You have a bad day, you go to bed, you wake up, and you work a little harder."
2. Jacinda Ardern
- "It's a woman's decision when she chooses to have a family, it should not be something that's raised when her future career prospects are speculated on or even if she enters into a job opportunity or an interview."
- Speaking to Forbes, Jacinda has said: "There are ways to turn self-doubt into a positive, constructive thing. It makes you work harder. It makes you ensure that you are always well prepared and one step ahead of everyone else."
- She also said to Forbes: "Never feel like you have to tick all of the boxes on everything to be able to feel like you can do a job. I have heard it said many times before and it is so true. If you sit and wait to feel like you are the most confident person in the room you are probably going to be left by yourself."
- "The last thing I think you should do is try to undermine someone's right to have their say."
3. Oprah Winfrey
- "I would like to thank the people who've brought me those dark moments, when I felt most wounded, betrayed. You have been my greatest teachers."
- "The biggest adventure you can ever take is to live the life of your dreams."
- "Turn your wounds into wisdom."
- "Real integrity is doing the right thing, knowing that nobody's going to know whether you did it or not."
- "Only make decisions that support your self-image, self-esteem, and self-worth."
- "It makes no difference how many peaks you reach if there was no pleasure in the climb."
4. Maya Angelou
- "You may not control all the events that happen to you, but you can decide not to be reduced by them."
- "I've learned that whenever I decide something with an open heart, I usually make the right decision."
- "We need much less than we think we need."
- "If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude."
- "I've learned that even when I have pains, I don't have to be one."
- "Determine to live life with flair and laughter."
- "When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time."
- "I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel."
5. Audrey Hepburn
- "I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day, and I believe in miracles."
- "For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone."
- "If my world were to cave in tomorrow, I would look back on all the pleasures, excitements and worthwhilenesses I have been lucky enough to have had. Not the sadness, not my miscarriages or my father leaving home, but the joy of everything else. It will have been enough."
- "It's that wonderful old-fashioned idea that others come first and you come second. This was the whole ethic by which I was brought up. Others matter more than you do, so 'don't fuss, dear; get on with it'."