Well-known Kiwis are lending their names to supporting Mental Health Awareness Week and highlighting how they stay positive.
The idea is to spread awareness and support, so those who are struggling feel comfortable opening up and talking to their loved ones.
Zac Franich, Samantha Hayes and Gemma McCaw are among those encouraging their followers on Instagram to get outside and get active.
Bachelor NZ star Zac Franich has previously spoken of his own battle with depression and spoke about not letting negative thoughts become overwhelming.
"I found myself in a deep dark hole. What advice would I give 26-year-old Zac (or anyone for that matter) who's battling? Don't bottle it up, because it won't go away."
TALK, your friends and family care about you more than you think and would love to help," he wrote.
Former Black Sticks player and Woman's Day wellness columnist Gemma McCaw posted a picture of her enjoying a run, encouraging her followers to get outside too.
"This week is Mental Health Awareness Week and it’s all about highlighting the importance of nature and getting outdoors whenever you can," she wrote.
Three News presenter Samantha Hayes also posted a picture of her and a close friend after they'd finished a trail run.
"It's mental health awareness week & getting out & about in the great outdoors for me is the key to happiness."
"Having a buddy, like my friend Penny here who is way more motivated than me, helps too."
Married At First Sight NZ groom Luke also opened up about his previous struggle with mental health issues.
"Like most people, I've had my battles with mental health as do many of my friends and family. It's nothing to be ashamed or embarrassed of," he wrote.
- BodyWhy entering middle-age is actually the perfect time to get your health back on track
Good Health ChoicesToday 2:45pm
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan has opened up about the ‘joy’ of adopting rescue animals
Now To LoveToday 12:30pm
- TVCan Matty McLean surprise us all and last the distance on Celebrity Treasure Island?
Now To LoveToday 12:00pm
- CareerJennifer Ward Lealand on being honoured for her commitment to her two great loves, theatre and te reo
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:27am
- RoyalsWhen and where will Baby Archie’s christening take place? Here are all the details
Now To LoveYesterday 4:45pm
- TVThe moving reason behind Dancing With The Stars winner Manu Vatuvei's vow to keep dancing
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- BodyBiggest Loser's Jillian Michaels’ top 15 health habits are remarkably simple to adopt too
Now To LoveYesterday 2:00pm
- TVFormer DWTS dancer Carol-Ann Hanna gives her verdict on the final show and Manu's win
Now To LoveYesterday 12:00pm
- TVDWTS' Laura Daniel spills on her relationship with partner Joseph Moore and their plans to adopt
Woman's DayYesterday 9:21am
- RoyalsPrince Harry shares an adorable new photo of Baby Archie in celebration of Father’s Day
Now To LoveYesterday 8:15am
- Diet & NutritionHow this Auckland woman lost 30kg through hypnosis
Woman's DayYesterday 8:00am
- FertilityConsidering freezing your eggs? Here's everything you need to know
Good Health ChoicesJun 16, 2019
- BodyRotorua parents' heartbreak: only a miracle will save their little boy
Woman's DayJun 16, 2019