Well-known Kiwis are lending their names to supporting Mental Health Awareness Week and highlighting how they stay positive.
The idea is to spread awareness and support, so those who are struggling feel comfortable opening up and talking to their loved ones.
Zac Franich, Samantha Hayes and Gemma McCaw are among those encouraging their followers on Instagram to get outside and get active.
Bachelor NZ star Zac Franich has previously spoken of his own battle with depression and spoke about not letting negative thoughts become overwhelming.
"I found myself in a deep dark hole. What advice would I give 26-year-old Zac (or anyone for that matter) who's battling? Don't bottle it up, because it won't go away."
TALK, your friends and family care about you more than you think and would love to help," he wrote.
Former Black Sticks player and Woman's Day wellness columnist Gemma McCaw posted a picture of her enjoying a run, encouraging her followers to get outside too.
"This week is Mental Health Awareness Week and it’s all about highlighting the importance of nature and getting outdoors whenever you can," she wrote.
Three News presenter Samantha Hayes also posted a picture of her and a close friend after they'd finished a trail run.
"It's mental health awareness week & getting out & about in the great outdoors for me is the key to happiness."
"Having a buddy, like my friend Penny here who is way more motivated than me, helps too."
Married At First Sight NZ groom Luke also opened up about his previous struggle with mental health issues.
"Like most people, I've had my battles with mental health as do many of my friends and family. It's nothing to be ashamed or embarrassed of," he wrote.
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine reveals one of Prince Louis’ surprising first words
Now To LoveToday 12:10pm
- RoyalsPrincess Beatrice’s sweet text to Ellie Goulding about their friendship was revealed on TV
Now To LoveToday 10:40am
- FamilyParaplegic dad's joy: The newborn son we never thought we'd have
Woman's DayToday 9:45am
- CareerHow footwear designer Kathryn Wilson uses her Samsung Galaxy Note10+ for work and play
Now To LoveToday 9:42am
- CompetitionsWin a gum health prize pack with Oral B and NZ Woman’s Weekly!
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:00am
- RelationshipsJay-Jay Feeney's hot new romance: 'Meet my toyboy lover'
Woman's DayToday 8:10am
- MindWhy procrastination can be more harmful than we think - and what we can do about it
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 12:00pm
- RelationshipsWho was Lezlie Manukian? The Californian girl who swindled a Kiwi family out of their life savings
Now To LoveYesterday 10:00am
- FamilyChristmas with the stars: How Laura McGoldrick will be spending the holidays
Woman's DayYesterday 7:55am
- PetsCaring for elderly pets (the trick is to think of them as furry grandparents)
Now To LoveDec 13, 2019
- SkincareThe surprising benefits of caffeine for your skin and body
Now To LoveDec 13, 2019
- BodyPerimenopause: the 'change before the change' explained
The Australian Women's WeeklyDec 13, 2019