Hilary Barry just had the perfect response to a viewer who criticised her clothing choice.
The Seven Sharp presenter took to Instagram, posting a screenshot of a comment left on the show's Facebook page by a woman who felt compelled to tell Hilary she needed to 'act and dress her age'.
"Off the shoulder clothing is for YOUNG WOMEN not old women," the woman named Jocelyn wrote.
"It makes her look like a street worker. It would be good to have a programe [sic] that gave the viewer facts and insight into New Zealand life.
"We turn off the television as soon as the news is finished because we cannot stand the two presenters."
And, as expected, Hilary had an absolutely brilliant response.
"Jocelyn's feedback on our new Seven Sharp photo got me thinking," Hilary began.
"I'm not offended to be called a street worker. I'm not offended to be called old. I'm not even offended that you can't stand me on tv.
"What I do take exception to is being told to act and dress my age. I am a 50 year old woman who will continue to wear exactly what I like."
Adding, "Enough with the age-shaming. I'm embracing life. I'm pro-ageing not anti-ageing."
Unsurprisingly, Hilary's followers loved her response, Breakfast's Matty McLean commented: "You are ROCKING the off-the-shoulder look, babes xx."
And renowned Kiwi chef Annabel Langbein added, "I'm with you Hilary 😊," as are we!
It's unfortunately not the first time Hilary's had some uninvited comments on her appearance.
In February last year, another viewer took to the Seven Sharp Facebook page to body shame the television presenter writing, "Check out those thighs… omg who is dressing these people."
Hilary had a swift and brilliant response, as per usual.
"Hey Glenys, here's a closeup of my thighs. I can send you a framed copy if you like, just reply with your address. Cheers, Hilary."
Hilary then posted the image and response on Instagram with the message, "I'm comfortable in my own body and I hope you all are too. Let's be proud of our thighs and hips and bums and bumpy bits. Heaven forbid they should be seen on tv."
Here's to Hilary! Not all heroes wear capes because you know what? They can dress however they like!
- RoyalsPrince Philip, the Duke of Edinburgh, has died aged 99
Now To LoveApr 09, 2021
- TVPopstars panel tells all: Rock regrets, secret crushes and dad jokes!
Woman's DayApr 09, 2021
- Celebrity NewsIron Mike's magic milestone: 'I'm finally in a good space!'
Woman's DayApr 07, 2021
- TVBachelorettes' show down: Our last-ditch effort to woo Moses
Woman's DayMar 30, 2021
- TVBachelor babes bare all: 'Our lives have changed forever'
Woman's DayMar 29, 2021
- Celebrity NewsSmitten but sleep-deprived! Sam Wallace and fiancée Sarah are on double duty
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyMar 26, 2021
- Celebrity NewsKiwi stunt star Zoë Bell talks brain injuries and break-ups
Woman's DayMar 24, 2021
- TVThe Bachelorette NZ's Lexie and Hamish are moving in together!
Woman's DayMar 11, 2021
- TVHit single Moses: 'I didn't think I deserved love!'
Woman's DayMar 09, 2021
- TVHere are the queens competing in RuPaul's Drag Race Down Under
Now To LoveMar 07, 2021