When it comes to the health questions women want to know, Dr Libby Weaver says the reason behind so many of them is surprising: a lack of self-worth.
"We wouldn't make half the choices that we make if we were really in touch and in awe with ourselves. That's not meant with any kind of conceit, but it's the knowing in your heart that you're meant to be here on the planet, and that you're important and have something to contribute. When you're more in touch with that, I do think it changes everything."
In an exclusive interview with The Australian Women's Weekly, Dr Libby talks about self worth, physical wellbeing, and finding joy, as well as her latest mission when it comes to women's health: the complex and emotionally loaded world of beauty.
In her latest release, The Beauty Guide: Your body, biochemistry and beliefs, Dr Libby tackles the subject through the three pillars that have defined her work: biochemical, nutritional and emotional. All three aspects, she says, have equal importance when it comes to our overall health. It's something she learned early on in her career, when she was seeing clients one on one. They would ask for advice for a particular problem, she would design an action plan for them, they would return six weeks later and they wouldn't have done it.
"They'd feel awful about themselves and it would break my heart… that's where my question came in: why do people do what they do, even though they know what they know?"
Her core belief, Dr Libby says, is that it all comes down to a perceived loss of love.
"You won't be able to make nourishing choices if you don't think you're worth taking care of."
Dr Libby shares her latest advice and information for women's wellbeing in The Australian Women's Weekly, and talks about the surprising challenge that changed her career forever.
- BodyWhy entering middle-age is actually the perfect time to get your health back on track
Good Health ChoicesToday 2:45pm
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan has opened up about the ‘joy’ of adopting rescue animals
Now To LoveToday 12:30pm
- TVCan Matty McLean surprise us all and last the distance on Celebrity Treasure Island?
Now To LoveToday 12:00pm
- CareerJennifer Ward Lealand on being honoured for her commitment to her two great loves, theatre and te reo
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:27am
- RoyalsWhen and where will Baby Archie’s christening take place? Here are all the details
Now To LoveYesterday 4:45pm
- TVThe moving reason behind Dancing With The Stars winner Manu Vatuvei's vow to keep dancing
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- BodyBiggest Loser's Jillian Michaels’ top 15 health habits are remarkably simple to adopt too
Now To LoveYesterday 2:00pm
- TVFormer DWTS dancer Carol-Ann Hanna gives her verdict on the final show and Manu's win
Now To LoveYesterday 12:00pm
- TVDWTS' Laura Daniel spills on her relationship with partner Joseph Moore and their plans to adopt
Woman's DayYesterday 9:21am
- RoyalsPrince Harry shares an adorable new photo of Baby Archie in celebration of Father’s Day
Now To LoveYesterday 8:15am
- Diet & NutritionHow this Auckland woman lost 30kg through hypnosis
Woman's DayYesterday 8:00am
- FertilityConsidering freezing your eggs? Here's everything you need to know
Good Health ChoicesJun 16, 2019
- BodyRotorua parents' heartbreak: only a miracle will save their little boy
Woman's DayJun 16, 2019