How to use essential oils safely
- Do not apply essential oils directly to the skin. Always use carrier oils such as sweet almond, olive, or sesame.
- Citrus-based essential oils, such as neroli can make skin extremely sensitive to sun exposure, so avoid being in direct sunlight when using them.
- If in doubt – consult! You can contact a licensed aromatherapist for help.
- Rule of thumb: less is more. Essential oils are around 50 times more potent than the herb.
- Never take oils internally.
- Always do your research before using essential oils, and then enjoy!