Adele has just turned 31 and she couldn't be more relieved, she's revealed in a recent Instagram post she shared on her birthday, May 5.
As well-known for her heartwrenching love songs as she is for being down to earth and her self-deprecating humour, the Grammy Award-winning singer is not one to shy away from being frank and honest and her candid Instagram post is no different.
The star reveals that the past year has been incredibly tough, so this year she's taking the time to focus on herself.
"This is 31… thank f**king god 💀," her post begins.
"30 tried me so hard but I'm owning it and trying my hardest to lean in to it all. No matter how long we're here for life is constant and complicated at times. I've changed drastically in the last couple of years and I'm going to spend it all on myself.
"For the first time in a decade I'm ready to feel the world around me and look up for once. Be kind to yourself people we're only human, go slow, put your phone down and laugh out loud at every opportunity.
"Learning to REALLY truly love yourself is it, and I've only just realized that that is more than enough. I'll eventually learn to love you lot eventually 😂"
"Bunch of f**king savages," she adds.
"30 will be a drum n bass record to spite you. Chin up eh ❤"
Adele's "drum n bass" record "to spite" her fans, serves as a response to many of the singer's fans taking to Twitter to celebrate the breakup album that is inevitably coming, after Adele announced her separation from husband Simon Konecki at the end of April.
However the Hello hit-maker didn't seem to be taking the questionable reactions to heart, posting a meme of herself titled 'when you catch yourself in your feelings then you remember who you are', showing the two sides of Adele we all know and love.
Adele's recent post is not the first time the British pop star has gotten incredibly candid about her life.
In an interview with Vanity Fair magazine in 2016, the singer revealed her crippling battle with postnatal depression following her now six-year-old son Angelo's birth, saying it was so bad, she may not have any more children.
At first, she says she didn't want to talk to anyone about her struggles, but eventually found solace in friends going through the same problem and has since shared a link to an incredibly heartbreaking story written by her best friend Laura who had been diagnosed with postpartum psychosis.
This time last year the songstress celebrated "Dirty 30" with a Titanic-themed 30th birthday bash, where she showed off her slimmer figure, dressing up as Kate Winslet's character Rose.
Posting pics from the night on Instagram, the Someone Like You singer wrote: "Dirty 30! I'm not sure what I'm going to do for the next 30 years as I've been blessed beyond words in my life so far.
"Thank you to everyone for coming along for the ride the last 11 years with me. My family and friends for entertaining my super fandom of the Titanic movie. Last night was the best night of my life," she continues.
"I'm absolutely f**ked, not sure I'll make it out the house again! Ps. Childish Gambino how the hell do you have time to offer us so much greatness on so many platforms. I adore you x."
- RoyalsInside a play date with Prince George and Princess Charlotte at Kensington Palace
Now To LoveToday 3:40pm
- PetsThe online pet product delivery service that just made your life easier
Now To LoveToday 2:00pm
- RoyalsIs this a clue that Duchess Meghan is relaunching her lifestyle blog The Tig?
Now To LoveToday 11:15am
- CareerFrom Shortland Street to water births: Katherine McRae's new focus
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:09am
- RoyalsNew book details the lives of the photographers who captured the royals behind closed doors
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:00am
- FamilyNadene Lomu's tearful confession: Pushed to breaking point after Jonah's death
Woman's DayToday 7:45am
- Married at First SightMarried at First Sight NZ brides share the details on their wedding dresses
Woman's DayYesterday 4:45pm
- TVThe one thing Jodie Rimmer did on Celebrity Treasure Island that her children made her apologise for
Woman's DayYesterday 8:55am
- At homeThe sensitive skin laundry hack that makes your clothes soft and speeds up drying time
Now To LoveYesterday 8:24am
- EntertainmentWoman's Day Bonds X-Temp hottest media hunk has been crowned
Woman's DayYesterday 8:21am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan shares an adorable unseen photo from Archie’s christening for Prince Harry’s birthday
Now To LoveYesterday 8:00am
- TVThe top five moments from Celebrity Treasure Island this week
Now To LoveSep 15, 2019
- CareerHelen Mirren on why being old is 'cool' and marriage is great
The Australian Women's WeeklySep 15, 2019
- CompetitionsWin a $500 Countdown voucher to launch your Disney Word tile collection
Woman's DaySep 15, 2019
- BodyDWTS winner Loryn Reynolds' sister can finally dance again after losing a whopping 70kg
Woman's DaySep 14, 2019