Adele has just turned 31 and she couldn't be more relieved, she's revealed in a recent Instagram post she shared on her birthday, May 5.
As well-known for her heartwrenching love songs as she is for being down to earth and her self-deprecating humour, the Grammy Award-winning singer is not one to shy away from being frank and honest and her candid Instagram post is no different.
The star reveals that the past year has been incredibly tough, so this year she's taking the time to focus on herself.
"This is 31… thank f**king god 💀," her post begins.
"30 tried me so hard but I'm owning it and trying my hardest to lean in to it all. No matter how long we're here for life is constant and complicated at times. I've changed drastically in the last couple of years and I'm going to spend it all on myself.
"For the first time in a decade I'm ready to feel the world around me and look up for once. Be kind to yourself people we're only human, go slow, put your phone down and laugh out loud at every opportunity.
"Learning to REALLY truly love yourself is it, and I've only just realized that that is more than enough. I'll eventually learn to love you lot eventually 😂"
"Bunch of f**king savages," she adds.
"30 will be a drum n bass record to spite you. Chin up eh ❤"
Adele's "drum n bass" record "to spite" her fans, serves as a response to many of the singer's fans taking to Twitter to celebrate the breakup album that is inevitably coming, after Adele announced her separation from husband Simon Konecki at the end of April.
However the Hello hit-maker didn't seem to be taking the questionable reactions to heart, posting a meme of herself titled 'when you catch yourself in your feelings then you remember who you are', showing the two sides of Adele we all know and love.
Adele's recent post is not the first time the British pop star has gotten incredibly candid about her life.
In an interview with Vanity Fair magazine in 2016, the singer revealed her crippling battle with postnatal depression following her now six-year-old son Angelo's birth, saying it was so bad, she may not have any more children.
At first, she says she didn't want to talk to anyone about her struggles, but eventually found solace in friends going through the same problem and has since shared a link to an incredibly heartbreaking story written by her best friend Laura who had been diagnosed with postpartum psychosis.
This time last year the songstress celebrated "Dirty 30" with a Titanic-themed 30th birthday bash, where she showed off her slimmer figure, dressing up as Kate Winslet's character Rose.
Posting pics from the night on Instagram, the Someone Like You singer wrote: "Dirty 30! I'm not sure what I'm going to do for the next 30 years as I've been blessed beyond words in my life so far.
"Thank you to everyone for coming along for the ride the last 11 years with me. My family and friends for entertaining my super fandom of the Titanic movie. Last night was the best night of my life," she continues.
"I'm absolutely f**ked, not sure I'll make it out the house again! Ps. Childish Gambino how the hell do you have time to offer us so much greatness on so many platforms. I adore you x."
- CareerHow Louise Stainthorpe went from stay at home mum to 'badass businesswoman'
Woman's DayToday 3:15pm
- FitnessCommon mistakes to avoid when you're working out for weight loss
Good Health ChoicesToday 9:30am
- RoyalsThe very unusual way Duchess Camilla just celebrated her 72nd birthday
Now To LoveYesterday 2:00pm
- RoyalsThe caring gesture that no one saw: How Duchess Catherine consoled Duchess Meghan at Wimbledon
Now To LoveYesterday 10:06am
- TVThe Block NZ's Lisa and Ribz fire back at the 'harsh and nasty' judges
Woman's DayYesterday 10:00am
- CareerQueen of tiny: Why I love recreating everything I see in miniature
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- TVHayley Holt reveals who her dream co-host would be and dishes on how work has affected her dating life
Now To LoveYesterday 8:30am
- CompetitionsWin a black and a rose gold Samsung Galaxy Watch Active worth $349 each!
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 7:00am
- WeddingsBride quits job to plan her dream wedding and demands her fiancé get a second job
Now To LoveJul 17, 2019
- BodyKaty Perry and Orlando Bloom's new age secret to staying young
Now To LoveJul 17, 2019
- Real LifeYoung dad's incredible feat to save his family from certain death
Woman's DayJul 16, 2019