Pay attention to your thoughts
Interrupt your patterns
- Take a breath and acknowledge yourself for catching the negative thought
- Breathe in what you want, breathe out what you don't want. Repeat three times
- Go for a brisk walk, make a cup of tea or do 10 star jumps
- Imagine 'popping' the negative thought bubble above your head
- Tip your head on the side to tip out the negative thoughts.
Counterbalance daily stresses
Develop an upward slant
Consistency is key
- Start your day by connecting to yourself with three deep breaths before getting out of bed
- Identify three to 10 things you're grateful for and say them out loud
- Take a breath and notice what you appreciate in life as you go through your day
- Check in with yourself during the day to reset thinking and behaviour where necessary
- End your day acknowledging yourself for all you've done to improve your thinking and your life.
FOCUS on developing your 'positive muscle' to 90 per cent.
PRACTISE positivity, patience and perseverance each day.
RE-BALANCE your positive/negative ratio to increase your quality of life.
REMEMBER that whatever you focus on expands!