Although we all experience stress at one point or another, sometimes these feelings of anxiety can be overwhelming.
Like when you're not getting along with a co-worker, having a tense dinner with your in-laws or juggling too many work projects at once, for example.
Experiencing stress is normal - and good for us in some circumstances - but if these feelings don't dissipate or calm down, you may begin to feel overwhelmed, which is why learning to manage difficult emotions is imperative.
To help us build resilience, registered psychologist and managing director of Umbrella, Jacqui Maguire, shares three tips for coping with stress and anxiety in the above video.
It's worth noting that the tips shared by Jacqui will help you with day-to-day stresses, but if you are experiencing mental health issues you should always seek help from a professional.
We've outlined where you can get help below:
- FitnessRunning just once a week lowers your risk of early death - here's how to get started
Good Health ChoicesToday 10:00am
- CareerMeet Christine Fernyhough - the intrepid Auckland housewife who took on a high country farm and won
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 10:00am
- RelationshipsJay-Jay Feeney dishes on her sizzling summer with her 'toyboy' Minou
Woman's DayYesterday 8:00am
- MindHilary Barry's perfect clap back at a viewer: ‘Enough with the age-shaming’
Now To LoveJan 24, 2020
- Diet & NutritionDiet and ‘detox’ teas have been pulled from New Zealand shelves
Now To LoveJan 23, 2020
- CareerNigella Lawson's new direction at 60: 'I feel so much more open to anything and everything'
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJan 23, 2020
- WeddingsIt's love-all for tennis star Michael Venus as he marries the mother of his child
Woman's DayJan 23, 2020