Around September each year, many women have a thought: I really should get into shape for summer.
While it certainly isn't necessary for women to tone up for the warmer months (women have beautiful bodies at any size - and should never feel pressured to look a certain way), some feel that with bikini season approaching, they'd like to trim down and feel a bit more confident in their bodies. Enter: A healthy eating plan and exercise.
A healthy lifestyle is necessary for a slim-down, and adjusting from a Netflix-watching couch potato to spring health goddess can be easier said than done.
We've compiled a list of the things we all think when starting a new healthy eating and exercise plan...
Improving your fitness and physique seems like a great idea until you begin your gruelling workout... cue sore muscles and no comfort food.
Salads quickly lose their appeal (do they have one in the first place?) when you have one for lunch every day.
Oooh but a cheese scone and coffee sounds good...
A donut, slice of pizza, chocolate... whatever your guilty pleasure of choice is!
Committing to a healthy eating plan can be hard, just one donut wouldn't hurt, right?
When you take your first Body Pump class and can barely walk afterwards.
Sneaky tip: Wait until the rest of the class leaves so you can limp away and lick your wounds without the judgement of those using weights bigger than your body.
Well-meaning friends who invite us to CrossFit or F45 at some crazy hour are wonderful, but we'd really rather get the extra couple of hours of sleep. How do we politely decline the offer?
Phoebe from Friends knows.
Sometimes it takes a little longer than we'd hope for us to be able to see any weight loss results. This can often lead to lots of complaining to our partners and friends, a sneaky chocolate binge and a rest day - or four.
When the gym instructor tells you to add more weight to your barbell and you look at him like...
It's a big thing to forgo your old concert t-shirt and leggings combo (that just aren't cutting it anymore) and invest in some nice, new workout clothes. It says you mean business.
They cost a fortune but you've got to admit, you look great in your new clothes - and you can't wait to work out in your new gear.
At the gym there are all kinds of delightful smells floating around. We just hope one of those smells - the very noticeable body odour in class - isn't us!
Perhaps it's time to do a sneaky underarm check. But how to do that discreetly?
As time goes on, the gym classes get easier and you can (very proudly) add more weights to your barbells. You feel healthier, stronger and think you're looking pretty damn good.
- Celebrity NewsMiley Cyrus has shared brand new photos from her wedding to Liam Hemsworth
Now To LoveToday 2:00pm
- RoyalsPrincess Eugenie's special message to husband Jack Brooksbank
Now To LoveToday 12:00pm
- CareerKiwi women who've made it their mission to make life better for others
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 11:35am
- BodyThis 9 year old has a new heart thanks to one family's incredible gift of life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 11:00am
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine looks gorgeous in Gucci as she attends the 100 Women in Finance Gala
Now To LoveYesterday 10:15am
- Married at First SightIs MAFS' Mike Gunner running his own fan page? The signs are compelling!
Now To LoveYesterday 9:15am
- RelationshipsArt Green and Matilda Rice's family plans: they are so clucky!
Woman's DayYesterday 9:00am
- CompetitionsWin a double pass to Ports of Auckland Round the Bays plus a Samsung S9
Now To LoveYesterday 9:00am
- Celebrity NewsCold Feet's Hermione Norris lists all the reasons why she'd love to live in New Zealand
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 7:00am
- WeddingsShortland St star Beluah Koale marries his soulmate in a day of 'pure joy'
Woman's DayFeb 13, 2019
- BodyWhat it's like one year on from weight-loss surgery
Now To LoveFeb 12, 2019