Around September each year, many women have a thought: I really should get into shape for summer.
While it certainly isn't necessary for women to tone up for the warmer months (women have beautiful bodies at any size - and should never feel pressured to look a certain way), some feel that with bikini season approaching, they'd like to trim down and feel a bit more confident in their bodies. Enter: A healthy eating plan and exercise.
A healthy lifestyle is necessary for a slim-down, and adjusting from a Netflix-watching couch potato to spring health goddess can be easier said than done.
We've compiled a list of the things we all think when starting a new healthy eating and exercise plan...
Improving your fitness and physique seems like a great idea until you begin your gruelling workout... cue sore muscles and no comfort food.
Salads quickly lose their appeal (do they have one in the first place?) when you have one for lunch every day.
Oooh but a cheese scone and coffee sounds good...
A donut, slice of pizza, chocolate... whatever your guilty pleasure of choice is!
Committing to a healthy eating plan can be hard, just one donut wouldn't hurt, right?
When you take your first Body Pump class and can barely walk afterwards.
Sneaky tip: Wait until the rest of the class leaves so you can limp away and lick your wounds without the judgement of those using weights bigger than your body.
Well-meaning friends who invite us to CrossFit or F45 at some crazy hour are wonderful, but we'd really rather get the extra couple of hours of sleep. How do we politely decline the offer?
Phoebe from Friends knows.
Sometimes it takes a little longer than we'd hope for us to be able to see any weight loss results. This can often lead to lots of complaining to our partners and friends, a sneaky chocolate binge and a rest day - or four.
When the gym instructor tells you to add more weight to your barbell and you look at him like...
It's a big thing to forgo your old concert t-shirt and leggings combo (that just aren't cutting it anymore) and invest in some nice, new workout clothes. It says you mean business.
They cost a fortune but you've got to admit, you look great in your new clothes - and you can't wait to work out in your new gear.
At the gym there are all kinds of delightful smells floating around. We just hope one of those smells - the very noticeable body odour in class - isn't us!
Perhaps it's time to do a sneaky underarm check. But how to do that discreetly?
As time goes on, the gym classes get easier and you can (very proudly) add more weights to your barbells. You feel healthier, stronger and think you're looking pretty damn good.
- RoyalsThe Cambridges are set to visit Ireland as the Sussexes return to the UK
Now To LoveToday 3:00pm
- PetsIt's getting hot in here: Expert advice on caring for your pet over summer
Now To LoveToday 2:00pm
- Married at First SightMarried At First Sight Australia 2019 stars: Where are they now?
Now To LoveToday 10:00am
- CareerWhy Judy Bailey's latest project had everyone thinking she was getting inked
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:40am
- CareerWhy Laura Dern deserves every acting award she gets!
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:31am
- Married at First SightMarried At First Sight bride Poppy Jennings' unexpected exit: what really went on
Now To LoveYesterday 8:55pm
- RoyalsPrince William reveals the unexpected activity the Cambridge children tried over the school break
Now To LoveYesterday 3:35pm
- BodyThis Kiwi mum lost a staggering 65kg in a year but says she will always miss her old size
Woman's DayYesterday 2:15pm
- RoyalsThe internet thinks The Sussexes just made a subtle dig at Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie
Now To LoveYesterday 12:50pm
- BodyWhy acupuncture could be the pathway to a healthier body and menstrual cycle
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 8:40am
- TVChelsea Winter's former husband Michael Bullot opens up about kids and marriage
Now To LoveFeb 23, 2020
- FamilyArt and Matilda Green open up about becoming parents and why they're keeping it real on social media
Good Health ChoicesFeb 23, 2020
- MindDo you have FOBO? Why the fear of better options could be fuel for anxiety
Good Health ChoicesFeb 22, 2020
- FamilyA mum's worst nightmare: 'I saw my son floating lifeless'
Woman's DayFeb 22, 2020