Around September each year, many women have a thought: I really should get into shape for summer.
While it certainly isn't necessary for women to tone up for the warmer months (women have beautiful bodies at any size - and should never feel pressured to look a certain way), some feel that with bikini season approaching, they'd like to trim down and feel a bit more confident in their bodies. Enter: A healthy eating plan and exercise.
A healthy lifestyle is necessary for a slim-down, and adjusting from a Netflix-watching couch potato to spring health goddess can be easier said than done.
We've compiled a list of the things we all think when starting a new healthy eating and exercise plan...
Improving your fitness and physique seems like a great idea until you begin your gruelling workout... cue sore muscles and no comfort food.
Salads quickly lose their appeal (do they have one in the first place?) when you have one for lunch every day.
Oooh but a cheese scone and coffee sounds good...
A donut, slice of pizza, chocolate... whatever your guilty pleasure of choice is!
Committing to a healthy eating plan can be hard, just one donut wouldn't hurt, right?
When you take your first Body Pump class and can barely walk afterwards.
Sneaky tip: Wait until the rest of the class leaves so you can limp away and lick your wounds without the judgement of those using weights bigger than your body.
Well-meaning friends who invite us to CrossFit or F45 at some crazy hour are wonderful, but we'd really rather get the extra couple of hours of sleep. How do we politely decline the offer?
Phoebe from Friends knows.
Sometimes it takes a little longer than we'd hope for us to be able to see any weight loss results. This can often lead to lots of complaining to our partners and friends, a sneaky chocolate binge and a rest day - or four.
When the gym instructor tells you to add more weight to your barbell and you look at him like...
It's a big thing to forgo your old concert t-shirt and leggings combo (that just aren't cutting it anymore) and invest in some nice, new workout clothes. It says you mean business.
They cost a fortune but you've got to admit, you look great in your new clothes - and you can't wait to work out in your new gear.
At the gym there are all kinds of delightful smells floating around. We just hope one of those smells - the very noticeable body odour in class - isn't us!
Perhaps it's time to do a sneaky underarm check. But how to do that discreetly?
As time goes on, the gym classes get easier and you can (very proudly) add more weights to your barbells. You feel healthier, stronger and think you're looking pretty damn good.
- At homeHow clean, green living can start with small day-to-day changes in the kitchen
Now To LoveToday 10:45am
- TVLaura Daniel and her DWTS partner Shae Mountain get matching tattoos
Now To LoveToday 10:41am
- RoyalsPrince William was just asked how he'd feel if one of his children came out as gay
Now To LoveToday 10:00am
- CareerMeet the trailblazing female shepherd who won a prestigious award previously only won by men
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:18am
- RoyalsYet another example of the harsh double standard Duchess Meghan faces
Now To LoveToday 8:15am
- RoyalsSarah, Duchess of York, is recognised with an award for her charity work
Now To LoveYesterday 12:10pm
- RoyalsHow much do the royal family spend on travel a year?
Now To LoveYesterday 11:00am
- RoyalsThe Queen just passed on this very special patronage to Duchess Catherine
Now To LoveYesterday 8:30am
- TVThe Block NZ Firehouse contestants Sophia and Mikaere: 'We'll come out stronger than ever'
Woman's DayYesterday 8:05am
- BodyA cup of coffee a day could be the secret to burning fat
Now To LoveJun 25, 2019