- Chocolate – 19 minutes
- Cake – 19 minutes
- Pizza – 21 minutes
- Chinese takeaway – 22 minutes
- Chips – 17 minutes
- Wine – 17 minutes
- Curry – 21 minutes
- Beer – 17 minutes
- Biscuits – 16 minutes
- Fish and chips - 22 minutes
There are some lucky people who go to the gym because they actually enjoy it, but for some of us it's a massive hassle we'd rather do without.
But a study, commissioned on behalf of snack company Yushoi, has found the real reason why women are making themselves exercise.
Almost four in 10 women admit they adopt a credit-debit approach to their gym regime – working out so they can have free reign on what they eat.
Instead of exercising purely to get fit, millions of chocolate and wine-loving women hit the gym to 'earn' the right to indulge in their favourite calorific foods.
And 38 per cent went as far as to say being able to eat what they want is the main reason they exercise.
Four in 10 even said they wouldn't agree to a night out with friends without first going to the gym to compensate for it.
But women aren't alone – just over a third of men also admit to going to the gym just so they can enjoy a more calorific diet.
Top food women work out to 'earn' and the amount of time spent exercising for each one:
- FitnessOrangetheory: The new fitness craze that's taking off in NZ
Good Health ChoicesToday 10:00am
- BodyBeyoncé reveals the post-birth, pre-Coachella diet she says she'll never go on again
Now To LoveYesterday 2:25pm
- RoyalsA never-before-seen video of Duchess Meghan during a charity trip to India has emerged
Now To LoveYesterday 10:00am
- TVJohn Campbell is replacing Jack Tame on TVNZ's Breakfast show
Now To LoveYesterday 9:31am
- At homeFive ways to make every meal fabulous with Annabelle White
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- BodyWellington woman's life-changing recovery after controversial multiple sclerosis treatment
Woman's DayYesterday 8:40am
- RoyalsMore details have been revealed about Prince William's visit to New Zealand next week
Now To LoveYesterday 8:30am
- BodyThe psychology behind why we binge eat and tools to help end the cycle for good
Now To LoveApr 17, 2019
- BodyThe vital things you should be doing to look after your heart
Good Health ChoicesApr 16, 2019