We've seen her in the evenings, presenting the news while remaining two metres away from co-host Mike McRoberts, but as this cute social post of her and her son Marlow reveals, Newshub presenter Sam Hayes has been spending her days much the same as the rest of us: keeping in her bubble with occasional outings on foot to avoid going stir-crazy.
With Watchman Island in the background, and a fairly grey looking sky above, the spot pictured in the Instagram could only have been one of Auckland's Herne Bay beaches.
Sam captioned the Instagram "Out for a little leg stretch yesterday. Quite happy to be in lockdown with this cutie pie."
Despite the patches of blue being few and far between, both mum and baby were rugged up warm and wore big smiles. If Marlow's cheeky grin at the camera is anything to go by, his dad Jeroen Blaauw might have been behind the camera.
Sam the New Zealand Government's Covid-19 Alert Level 4 message last week, reiterating our current national mantra of "Stayhome. Save Lives."
This cheerful image of her and Marlow exercising serves as a reminder that even now, we can still go outside, stretch our legs and avoid cabin fever - provided we don't go near anyone who isn't in our bubble.
The poignant message came just days after Sam announced that Marlow is now six months old.
"He's sitting up but prefers standing up and does so at every opportunity. He smiles all the time and also makes a deep growling noise like a zombie baby."
And what a time to be growing up, for a wee bub.
- TVPopstars panel tells all: Rock regrets, secret crushes and dad jokes!
Woman's DayApr 09, 2021
- Celebrity NewsIron Mike's magic milestone: 'I'm finally in a good space!'
Woman's DayApr 07, 2021
- TVBachelorettes' show down: Our last-ditch effort to woo Moses
Woman's DayMar 30, 2021
- TVBachelor babes bare all: 'Our lives have changed forever'
Woman's DayMar 29, 2021
- Celebrity NewsSmitten but sleep-deprived! Sam Wallace and fiancée Sarah are on double duty
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyMar 26, 2021
- Celebrity NewsKiwi stunt star Zoë Bell talks brain injuries and break-ups
Woman's DayMar 24, 2021
- TVThe Bachelorette NZ's Lexie and Hamish are moving in together!
Woman's DayMar 11, 2021
- TVHit single Moses: 'I didn't think I deserved love!'
Woman's DayMar 09, 2021
- TVHere are the queens competing in RuPaul's Drag Race Down Under
Now To LoveMar 07, 2021
- RoyalsUPDATED: Harry and Meghan's bombshell interview with Oprah airs in NZ next week
Now To LoveMar 01, 2021