We've seen her in the evenings, presenting the news while remaining two metres away from co-host Mike McRoberts, but as this cute social post of her and her son Marlow reveals, Newshub presenter Sam Hayes has been spending her days much the same as the rest of us: keeping in her bubble with occasional outings on foot to avoid going stir-crazy.
With Watchman Island in the background, and a fairly grey looking sky above, the spot pictured in the Instagram could only have been one of Auckland's Herne Bay beaches.
Sam captioned the Instagram "Out for a little leg stretch yesterday. Quite happy to be in lockdown with this cutie pie."
Despite the patches of blue being few and far between, both mum and baby were rugged up warm and wore big smiles. If Marlow's cheeky grin at the camera is anything to go by, his dad Jeroen Blaauw might have been behind the camera.
Sam the New Zealand Government's Covid-19 Alert Level 4 message last week, reiterating our current national mantra of "Stayhome. Save Lives."
This cheerful image of her and Marlow exercising serves as a reminder that even now, we can still go outside, stretch our legs and avoid cabin fever - provided we don't go near anyone who isn't in our bubble.
The poignant message came just days after Sam announced that Marlow is now six months old.
"He's sitting up but prefers standing up and does so at every opportunity. He smiles all the time and also makes a deep growling noise like a zombie baby."
And what a time to be growing up, for a wee bub.
- TVOur broody Bachelorette: 'David Attenborough is my dream man'
Woman's DayJan 20, 2021
- Celebrity NewsJay-Jay Feeney and Paul Flynn: our perfect friendship
Woman's DayJan 08, 2021
- CompetitionsWin a double pass to our exclusive screening of Penguin Bloom
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyDec 27, 2020
- Celebrity NewsRobert Rakete's Christmas plans: 'It'll be a breeze!'
Woman's DayDec 25, 2020
- Celebrity NewsJase, Toni & Sam get festive with their four-legged friends
Woman's DayDec 21, 2020
- FamilyThe Terrace at Sylvia Park - what's on offer at this new dining destination
Now To LoveDec 16, 2020
- Celebrity NewsShortland Street's Ben Barrington and Ngahuia Piripi's Christmas celebrations
Woman's DayDec 16, 2020
- Celebrity NewsWendy Petrie and Matty McLean's festive cheer: 'Our hearts are so full'
Woman's DayDec 15, 2020
- Celebrity NewsKanoa Lloyd and Mike McRoberts' best Christmas ever
Woman's DayDec 14, 2020
- Celebrity NewsSoon I’ll be a dad to three under three! Sam Wallace shares his hopes and fears
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyDec 11, 2020
- Celebrity NewsCarolyn Keep's little miracle: 'The baby I never thought I'd have'
Woman's DayDec 10, 2020