Ahead of the warmer months, Now To Love decided to speak with the incredible Amelia Phillips (fitness and nutrition expert, TV presenter, trainer, blogger and co-founder of Voome), about how we can get into shape for summer.
Surely we can't be the only ones who've indulged in wine and been slack with their fitness routine this past winter!
Here's what Amelia had to say...
There's a group of moves that pack the biggest punch when it comes to changing our body shape. They work multiple body parts at once, help us lose weight, get firmer, fitter and more flexible.
These moves when done in the right sequences are known as metabolic conditioning. Burpees, travelling lunges, towel pulls, clean and presses, and push ups, just to name a few. You'll be puffed with trembling muscles, but it'll be worth it.
Try my beginner workout (below), it includes these exercises - they'll definitely help tone your body for summer!
These exercises are known as compound movements meaning they work multiple muscle groups in one move. This drives up your heart rate and metabolism, burning more calories and training your body to work in a functional, coordinated way.
Why stand in one spot and do an arm curl when you can be working your legs at the exact same time?!
I've got a confession to make... I don't love salads. Shock horror but this nutritionist has had one too many boring salads in her day. Instead I like to mix things up a bit, so right now I'm enjoying creative ways to get my veggies intake up.
At the moment I'm loving anything with a zesty Asian flavour, like Asian chicken patties with warm noodle salad. I've also been making chicken and lettuce 'tacos' which my whole family love. Both recipes are available on Voome.
Summer is the time to get outdoors and get close to nature! Whether its hiking, biking, swimming or horse riding, getting active in nature improves not just your body, but also clears your mind.
Gather up the family or rope in a few friends and go for a Sunday Funday. You'll come home feeling like a new person!
10min AMRAP (As many rounds as possible in ten minutes. Try to beat your score each workout).
Amelia Phillips is a registered nutritionist, exercise scientist, co-founder of Voome (everything you need to live a healthy fit and mindful life). She is a busy mum of four under the age of five and on a mission to empower Australians and Kiwis to live their best life!
- BodyRadio host Sarah Gandy has been diagnosed with breast cancer
Now To LoveToday 12:13pm
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan has jetted off to New York for her baby shower
Now To LoveToday 11:36am
- FertilityTips for couples who are trying to conceive and not pregnant yet
Now To LoveToday 11:19am
- Pregnancy & BirthGemma McCaw's praise for the midwife who delivered baby Charlotte
Woman's DayToday 7:00am
- MoneyOnline shopping fails - Kiwi consumers' hilarious tales
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- Celebrity NewsHarper Beckham and Anna Wintour's priceless twinning moment
Now To LoveYesterday 2:28pm
- RoyalsPrince William and Prince Harry are reportedly splitting their royal household after 10 years together
Now To LoveYesterday 12:15pm
- RoyalsHappy Birthday Prince Andrew: 7 things you may not know about the Duke of York
Now To LoveYesterday 9:30am
- Destinations CitiesThe all-women Bali retreat that saved my soul after my fiancé left me
The Australian Women's WeeklyFeb 17, 2019