What is Halle Berry's secret to looking so fit and fabulous at age 51? The actress and mum-of-two admits there's no secret — it takes work!
"I know it's hard to dedicate time to working out each day," she says, but "after a workout, I feel like I can conquer the world."
She exercises five times a week and eats right — fish, chicken, and fresh vegetables.
Recently, Halle's been sharing workout tips on her Instagram platform, and she's preparing to relaunch her website, Hallewood.com, which will offer insight on fashion, beauty, home, and parenting.
So, to look and feel your best, here's what she suggests:
Don't be intimidated about how to begin.
"It's simple: You just decide!" she says. And no gym is necessary. "You can start by walking each day or doing jumping jacks while using very light weights or holding water bottles in each hand."
"I don't always look forward to my workouts, but that is when I force myself to push harder," she says. "When I get to the other side, it's always worth my effort."
To stay inspired, she notes, "it's often easier to workout with a partner [who] holds you accountable so you won't quit halfway through."
Halle combines kickboxing, strength training, and aerobic conditioning, and she stretches after each workout.
"Stretching helps my muscles stay long, limber, improves my mobility, and range of motion, and helps me avoid injuries."
"I've felt happier and more like my best self since I started [meditating]," she says.
"It helps to balance your left brain and right brain, and as a result I feel more creative, and I experience better emotional health."
This article originally appeared on Closer
- RoyalsWhy the Queen allowed Duchess Catherine to break protocol and kiss her in public
Now To LoveToday 3:18pm
- RoyalsPrincess Eugenie’s latest outfit has a sweet connection to her royal wedding last year
Now To LoveToday 11:45am
- Real LifeA Christchurch surgeon describes what it was like to be working on the day of the mosque attacks
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 10:00am
- RoyalsSee the vibrant flower that's been named after Baby Archie
Now To LoveToday 9:30am
- Pregnancy & BirthNewshub's Melissa Davies is pregnant with her first child
Now To LoveToday 9:08am
- WeddingsUnlucky-in-love MAFS bride Ning sells her unworn wedding dress in an attempt to 'bury' her past
Now To LoveYesterday 5:00pm
- RoyalsDid Prince William just accidentally reveal his nickname for Princess Charlotte?
Now To LoveYesterday 12:30pm
- RoyalsAll the times Prince Louis looked just like his big brother Prince George
Now To LoveYesterday 10:25am
- FamilyA foster family's heartbreak as the young man they took in as a baby develops more and more serious health problems
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:22am
- Married at First SightMarried at First Sight's Daniel Webb reveals he has received death threats
Now To LoveYesterday 8:12am
- CompetitionsWin a 6 months’ supply of ChildLife vitamins and supplements for a healthy winter
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 8:00am
- FamilyAmy Schumer is 'mom-shamed' for returning to work two weeks after having her baby
Now To LoveMay 22, 2019
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine looks pretty in pink at the latest Buckingham Palace Garden Party
Now To LoveMay 22, 2019