What is Halle Berry's secret to looking so fit and fabulous at age 51? The actress and mum-of-two admits there's no secret — it takes work!
"I know it's hard to dedicate time to working out each day," she says, but "after a workout, I feel like I can conquer the world."
She exercises five times a week and eats right — fish, chicken, and fresh vegetables.
Recently, Halle's been sharing workout tips on her Instagram platform, and she's preparing to relaunch her website, Hallewood.com, which will offer insight on fashion, beauty, home, and parenting.
So, to look and feel your best, here's what she suggests:
Don't be intimidated about how to begin.
"It's simple: You just decide!" she says. And no gym is necessary. "You can start by walking each day or doing jumping jacks while using very light weights or holding water bottles in each hand."
"I don't always look forward to my workouts, but that is when I force myself to push harder," she says. "When I get to the other side, it's always worth my effort."
To stay inspired, she notes, "it's often easier to workout with a partner [who] holds you accountable so you won't quit halfway through."
Halle combines kickboxing, strength training, and aerobic conditioning, and she stretches after each workout.
"Stretching helps my muscles stay long, limber, improves my mobility, and range of motion, and helps me avoid injuries."
"I've felt happier and more like my best self since I started [meditating]," she says.
"It helps to balance your left brain and right brain, and as a result I feel more creative, and I experience better emotional health."
This article originally appeared on Closer
- RoyalsKiwi royal Gary Lewis has split from Lady Davina Windsor
Now To LoveToday 8:45am
- Pregnancy & BirthShortland Street star Laurel Devenie's perfectly-timed pregnancy
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 8:25am
- Married at First SightMarried at First Sight's Melissa is on the hunt for a Kiwi bachelor
Woman's DayToday 8:20am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan's first appearance after her maternity leave has been revealed
Now To LoveYesterday 12:30pm
- Married at First SightDevastating news as MAFS' Nic reveals his cancer has returned
Now To LoveYesterday 11:28am
- FamilyKatie Holmes and her daughter Suri bond with women and children at a refugee camp in Greece
Now To LoveYesterday 10:42am
- FamilyGemma McCaw on the importance of being a role model for your children
Woman's DayYesterday 10:30am
- BodyMeet Caleb Wright - the 12-year-old brain cancer sufferer bringing laughter to other sick kids
Woman's DayYesterday 8:45am
- Married at First SightMarried at First Sight's Tamara and Mick get cosy off screen
Now To LoveYesterday 8:33am
- Mind4 reasons why embracing boredom could change your life for the better
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 8:30am
- Diet & Nutrition'I Quit Sugar' author Sarah Wilson talks diet, anxiety and going back-to-basics
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 8:00am
- BodyHow this woman came up with a way to help women struggling with PCOS take control
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 7:45am
- BodyHow to understand your body clock for the best quality sleep
Good Health ChoicesMar 24, 2019