What is Halle Berry's secret to looking so fit and fabulous at age 51? The actress and mum-of-two admits there's no secret — it takes work!
"I know it's hard to dedicate time to working out each day," she says, but "after a workout, I feel like I can conquer the world."
She exercises five times a week and eats right — fish, chicken, and fresh vegetables.
Recently, Halle's been sharing workout tips on her Instagram platform, and she's preparing to relaunch her website, Hallewood.com, which will offer insight on fashion, beauty, home, and parenting.
So, to look and feel your best, here's what she suggests:
Don't be intimidated about how to begin.
"It's simple: You just decide!" she says. And no gym is necessary. "You can start by walking each day or doing jumping jacks while using very light weights or holding water bottles in each hand."
"I don't always look forward to my workouts, but that is when I force myself to push harder," she says. "When I get to the other side, it's always worth my effort."
To stay inspired, she notes, "it's often easier to workout with a partner [who] holds you accountable so you won't quit halfway through."
Halle combines kickboxing, strength training, and aerobic conditioning, and she stretches after each workout.
"Stretching helps my muscles stay long, limber, improves my mobility, and range of motion, and helps me avoid injuries."
"I've felt happier and more like my best self since I started [meditating]," she says.
"It helps to balance your left brain and right brain, and as a result I feel more creative, and I experience better emotional health."
This article originally appeared on Closer
- FamilyJacinda Ardern reveals who Neve gets her 'strong will' from
Now To LoveToday 10:42am
- TVMy Kitchen Rules' Piper breaks her silence on her relationship with Victor
Now To LoveToday 10:00am
- BodyHayley Holt opens up about how sobriety has made her braver and stronger
Good Health ChoicesToday 8:30am
- Pregnancy & BirthSamantha Hayes excitedly announces the gender of her baby
Now To LoveYesterday 12:00pm
- Diet & NutritionThe truth about coconut oil: Is it actually as good for us as we've been told?
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 10:00am
- CareerMean Mums' Morgana O'Reilly gets candid about her school days
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 9:23am
- FamilyHow to get your children off the screens and out into the sunshine
Good Health ChoicesJul 20, 2019
- CareerHow Louise Stainthorpe went from stay at home mum to 'badass businesswoman'
Woman's DayJul 19, 2019
- Married at First SightMAFS' Tamara Joy has hooked up with the brother of a fellow MAFS bride
Now To LoveJul 19, 2019
- FitnessCommon mistakes to avoid when you're working out for weight loss
Good Health ChoicesJul 19, 2019
- RoyalsThe very unusual way Duchess Camilla just celebrated her 72nd birthday
Now To LoveJul 18, 2019
- TVThe Block NZ's Lisa and Ribz fire back at the 'harsh and nasty' judges
Woman's DayJul 18, 2019
- CareerQueen of tiny: Why I love recreating everything I see in miniature
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJul 18, 2019