I often meet women who are keen to lead a healthier lifestyle but have no idea where to start.
It’s normal to feel overwhelmed when you’re thinking about changing your diet or taking up exercise, especially when you’re juggling a busy life. But remember wellness is a journey, not a destination, and it always starts with the decision to try.
No matter your shape or stage in life, it’s never too late to incorporate small, meaningful changes that can have a huge bearing on your health and happiness.
We’re not looking for perfection, it’s just about looking at what you can do, rather than what you can’t do, and often you can make some simple tweaks to your usual routine with some seriously big results.
So, where to start? Here are six tips for a healthier you. They don’t require money, fancy equipment or joining a gym – it’s just a matter of making some “you time”.
So often, we’re giving our energy, love, time and support to everyone around us, but if we don’t look after ourselves, eventually we’ll burn out and have nothing left to give.
Keep scrolling to see Gemma McCaw's top tips for wellness below
1 / 0
2 / 0
3 / 0
4 / 0
5 / 0
6 / 0
- MindThe tools that helped this author overcome his battle with depression
Good Health ChoicesToday 11:00am
- FamilyThe Kiwi mum who couldn't find a decent parenting book so wrote one herself
Now To LoveToday 8:30pm
- BodyThe simple way to treat ageing skin concerns at home
Now To LoveToday 4:40pm
- TVCarolyn Taylor's epiphany since her return to TV on Dancing With The Stars
Woman's DayToday 2:00pm
- BodyThese common myths about sleep could be compromising your health
Now To LoveToday 1:00pm
- BodyEverything you need to know about measles and how to beat the disease
Woman's DayToday 7:00am
- FitnessHow our body clocks influence how effectively we exercise
Now To LoveToday 6:00am
- FamilyEight foodie road trip adventures that your family will love
Now To LoveYesterday 5:00pm
- Diet & NutritionIs margarine actually bad for you? Four myths busted
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- At homeHow the right retirement village enabled mum to be mum again
Now To LoveYesterday 2:25pm
- RoyalsPrince Harry's stunning wildlife photography is revealed in celebration of Earth Day
Now To LoveYesterday 11:31am
- RoyalsNew house, new baby, new continent? Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan look set to be moving to Africa
Now To LoveYesterday 9:25am
- Married at First SightMarried at First Sight NZ's Dan and Yuki: 'We're more in love than ever'
Woman's DayYesterday 9:20am
- RoyalsHow the Royal Family spent the day on the Queen’s 93rd birthday
Now To LoveYesterday 9:15am