Does the thought of starting your day in a spin class with gym junkies’ sweat flying everywhere make you shudder? Do you find your coffee loyalty card taking priority in your purse over your gym membership card?
Then perhaps it’s time to look at ways you can include physical activity into your day without needing to head to the gym.
Gyms were created for convenience – to offer people the opportunity to train and have access to equipment, classes and supervision all in one convenient place.
Ducking in for a quick half-hour PT session in your lunch break or taking yourself through a weights programme may be convenient for those who have a gym next to their workplace.
But if you don’t have a gym close by; have the responsibility of looking after children or other dependants throughout the day; or are financially strapped, then using a gym may no longer be a convenient option. Cue incidental exercise!
It’s important to remember that it’s what you do outside the gym on a regular basis that really matters.
Three gym workouts a week without regular activity outside the gym won’t be as effective as daily incidental exercise, which is why building exercise into your daily routine is so important.
Here are our top seven ideas on how you can conveniently incorporate activities into your day that will contribute to a healthier, fitter you.
1 / 0
2 / 0
3 / 0
4 / 0
5 / 0
6 / 0
7 / 0
- MindHilary Barry's perfect clap back at a viewer: ‘Enough with the age-shaming’
Now To LoveToday 9:20am
- Diet & NutritionDiet and ‘detox’ teas have been pulled from New Zealand shelves
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- RelationshipsMatty McLean reveals what partner Ryan calls him… and it’s not what you'd think!
Now To LoveYesterday 1:26pm
- RoyalsPrince Charles met Greta Thunberg and revealed why he doesn't want to disappoint his grandchildren
Now To LoveYesterday 12:55pm
- CareerNigella Lawson's new direction at 60: 'I feel so much more open to anything and everything'
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:38am
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine speaks out about the isolation she felt when Prince George was a baby
Now To LoveYesterday 9:18am
- WeddingsIt's love-all for tennis star Michael Venus as he marries the mother of his child
Woman's DayYesterday 8:15am
- Pregnancy & BirthBreakfast’s Hayley Holt is expecting her first child
Now To LoveJan 22, 2020
- Real LifeFacing the fiery inferno: Kiwi family's frightening Aussie bushfire ordeal
Woman's DayJan 22, 2020
- FamilyRussell Crowe's heartwarming revelation about his sons strikes a chord with many
Now To LoveJan 21, 2020
- TVLaura Daniel joins Seven Sharp team as special correspondent
Now To LoveJan 21, 2020