Does the thought of starting your day in a spin class with gym junkies’ sweat flying everywhere make you shudder? Do you find your coffee loyalty card taking priority in your purse over your gym membership card?
Then perhaps it’s time to look at ways you can include physical activity into your day without needing to head to the gym.
Gyms were created for convenience – to offer people the opportunity to train and have access to equipment, classes and supervision all in one convenient place.
Ducking in for a quick half-hour PT session in your lunch break or taking yourself through a weights programme may be convenient for those who have a gym next to their workplace.
But if you don’t have a gym close by; have the responsibility of looking after children or other dependants throughout the day; or are financially strapped, then using a gym may no longer be a convenient option. Cue incidental exercise!
It’s important to remember that it’s what you do outside the gym on a regular basis that really matters.
Three gym workouts a week without regular activity outside the gym won’t be as effective as daily incidental exercise, which is why building exercise into your daily routine is so important.
Here are our top seven ideas on how you can conveniently incorporate activities into your day that will contribute to a healthier, fitter you.
1 / 0
2 / 0
3 / 0
4 / 0
5 / 0
6 / 0
7 / 0
- Food & DrinksRoast racks of venison with blueberry balsamic sauce
Now To LoveDec 03, 2021
- RoyalsPlaydates with Charlotte and a royal christening prove the Queen is on the mend
Now To LoveNov 29, 2021
- TVHow winning The Block has changed Tim and Arty's lives forever
Woman's DayNov 25, 2021
- At homeBring summer into your home with this colour pallette
Now To LoveNov 25, 2021
- RoyalsAre Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank planning baby number two already?
Woman's DayNov 23, 2021
- RoyalsThe Queen’s special appearance for two of her great-grandsons after weeks of health concerns
The Australian Women's WeeklyNov 23, 2021