Why become a vegetarian?
How to become a vegetarian
- Semi-vegetarians: eat mostly plant foods and meat, fish, dairy occasionally - see flexitarianism.
- Pesco-vegetarians: eat mostly plants and fish.
- Lacto-ovo vegetarians: eat mostly plant and also eggs and dairy but avoid meat, fish and seafood.
- Lacto vegetarians: eat mostly plant and dairy but avoid meat, fish, seafood and eggs.
- Vegans: avoid all animal foods including meat, fish, seafood, eggs and honey.
Where to get essential vitamins and nutrients
What a vegetarian day on a plate might look like
¼ cup dried figs and 1 kiwi fruit
¼ cup pumpkin seeds