What are the diet secrets of the svelte A-listers? Celebrity personal chef Kate McAloon was in Auckland recently and shared her kitchen-confidential tips with Woman's Day.
Kate, 59, has been dishing up meals for Courteney Cox, Gwyneth Paltrow, Steven Spielberg, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson and Miranda Kerr. In fact, she became such good pals with Aussie model Miranda's mother Therese, she stayed with her when she moved to Australia from the US. They still catch up regularly.
The key is to add flavour without adding calories. "I do this by using fresh herbs and culinary oils," says Kate.
"I'm an ambassador for Young Living – a US-based essential oils company – and I use its culinary oils in my cooking. If you don't have a lemon tree at home or lemons are horrendously expensive at the supermarket, adding a drop or two of lemon essential oil will do the trick."
A 15ml bottle costs $25 and will yield 250-300 drops. Young Living oils are sold online at youngliving.co.nz.
Kate says anything green – except paint or grass! The chef was infamously misquoted a few years ago when she implied that Gwyneth doesn't eat anything except grass. "She does eat!" laughs Kate.
Quinoa, good salt (preferably Himalayan), culinary oils and fresh fruit and vegetables, preferably organic, from farmers' markets.
Champagne, butter and cheese. What else is toast but a vessel for butter and cheese?
- Real LifeKiwi Mum's adventure: From America's Cup to Africa's Hero!
Now To LoveYesterday 8:00am
- Food & DrinksIf you love Scandi-style interiors then this latest kitchen trend is for you
Now To LoveJun 22, 2021
- TVThe Apprentice NZ's Kennedy Anderson: 'I was fired from my own company!'
Woman's DayJun 17, 2021
- Celebrity NewsMark Richardson on turning 50 and making his mark on the world
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJun 13, 2021
- TVDrag Race Down Under’s Elektra Shock: From homeless to healed
Woman's DayJun 12, 2021
- Celebrity NewsSuzanne Paul's forever glow and the lessons she's learned
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJun 05, 2021
- Real LifeKiwi mum's transformation: Jules from MAFS changed my life!'
Woman's DayJun 04, 2021
- At homeHow to create a kids room that will last through the ages
Now To LoveJun 03, 2021