A cup of coffee is an essential part of any working day, however, you make think twice before ever making a cuppa in the office again.
It turns out the coffee cups at our workplaces are far from hygienic; they're crawling with germs.
A study has shown that 90 per cent of our office cups are covered in harmful germs.
If that's not shocking enough, 20 per cent of those carry faecal matter (gross, right?).
The study was carried out by Charles Gerba Ph.D., a professor of environmental microbiology at the University of Arizona.
"Colonies of germs are living in your favourite cup," said Dr Gerba in an interview with Men's Health.
He also went on to explain that using a sponge or scrub brush to wash your coffee cup will only make things worse.
Those sponges and scrub brushes in the work kitchen are covered in bacteria themselves, which will only transfer over to your cup.
However, there may be a solution, Dr Gerba suggests to ensure you're not drinking out of your coffee cup after an hour or so.
He also suggests taking your coffee cup home with you at the end of the day, and putting it through a hot cycle on your dishwasher.
Maybe it's just easier to stick to a takeaway coffee!
- WeddingsBride quits job to plan her dream wedding and demands her fiancé get a second job
Now To LoveToday 2:00pm
- BodyKaty Perry and Orlando Bloom's new age secret to staying young
Now To LoveToday 12:30pm
- RoyalsWhy we’re unlikely to see much of Duchess Catherine and Prince William over the coming month
Now To LoveYesterday 12:30pm
- WeddingsA wedding photographer has sparked heated debate after urging wedding guests to put away their phones
Now To LoveYesterday 11:00am
- Real LifeYoung dad's incredible feat to save his family from certain death
Woman's DayYesterday 9:30am
- CareerThe tough Kiwi women who are running organisations that were traditionally 'boys' clubs'
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:17am
- FamilyShortland Street's Laurel Devenie introduces her gorgeous new arrival to the world
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- Relationships9 common dating mistakes - and how you can avoid making them
Now To LoveJul 15, 2019
- TVThe Block NZ's Sophia and Mikaere disqualified after cheating scandal
Now To LoveJul 15, 2019
- FamilyRobbie Magasiva opens up about the devastating loss of his beloved brother Pua
Woman's DayJul 15, 2019