Hollywood actors Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson have tested positive for coronavirus, the couple has confirmed.
Taking to Instagram, Academy Award-winning actor Tom posted a photograph of a rubber glove in a rubbish bin, followed by an extensive caption which confirmed he and his wife Rita had tested positive to COVID-19 after they had both felt unwell during their stay in Australia.
Tom is currently filming an Elvis Presley biopic directed by Baz Luhrmann.
"Hello, folks. Rita and I are down here in Australia," Tom, 63, begins.
"We felt a bit tired, like we had colds, and some body aches. Rita had some chills that came and went. Slight fevers too. To play things right, as is needed in the world right now, we were tested for the Coronavirus, and were found to be positive.
"Well, now. What to do next? The Medical Officials have protocols that must be followed. We Hanks' will be tested, observed, and isolated for as long as public health and safety requires. Not much more to it than a one-day-at-a-time approach, no?
"We'll keep the world posted and updated. Take care of yourselves," signing the statement simply, "Hanx".
The famous couple who are both in their 60s are two of more than 100 people in Australia who have tested positive for the disease at the time of writing.
Overnight the World Health Organisation declared COVID-19 as a pandemic. A pandemic is defined as the uncontrollable worldwide spread of a disease.
New Zealand currently has five confirmed cases of the novel coronavirus, with the Ministry of Health confirming earlier this week that more than 9000 people or households have registered themselves as being in isolation.
The first confirmed case of COVID-19 in New Zealand was a person in their 60s who had just returned from Iran. The positive test was confirmed on February 28.
- Married at First SightMeet the brides and grooms vying for love on Married At First Sight 2022
Now To LoveYesterday 10:30am
- Celebrity NewsErin Simpson and Zac Franich's baby joy: 'We're finally having a baby!'
Now To LoveJan 20, 2022
- Real LifeRadio star Steve Broad reveal the tragedy that motivates him
Woman's DayJan 19, 2022
- RoyalsPrince William’s romantic surprise on Kate Middleton’s birthday
Now To LoveJan 17, 2022
- RoyalsThe Queen has stripped Prince Andrew of his military titles and royal patronages
Now To LoveJan 14, 2022
- Celebrity NewsAt home with Dame Kiri: 'You'll never want to leave!'
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJan 13, 2022
- Real LifeOne-armed Kiwi dancer Brylee Mills reveals why her disability won't stop her
Woman's DayJan 13, 2022