Hollywood actors Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson have tested positive for coronavirus, the couple has confirmed.
Taking to Instagram, Academy Award-winning actor Tom posted a photograph of a rubber glove in a rubbish bin, followed by an extensive caption which confirmed he and his wife Rita had tested positive to COVID-19 after they had both felt unwell during their stay in Australia.
Tom is currently filming an Elvis Presley biopic directed by Baz Luhrmann.
"Hello, folks. Rita and I are down here in Australia," Tom, 63, begins.
"We felt a bit tired, like we had colds, and some body aches. Rita had some chills that came and went. Slight fevers too. To play things right, as is needed in the world right now, we were tested for the Coronavirus, and were found to be positive.
"Well, now. What to do next? The Medical Officials have protocols that must be followed. We Hanks' will be tested, observed, and isolated for as long as public health and safety requires. Not much more to it than a one-day-at-a-time approach, no?
"We'll keep the world posted and updated. Take care of yourselves," signing the statement simply, "Hanx".
The famous couple who are both in their 60s are two of more than 100 people in Australia who have tested positive for the disease at the time of writing.
Overnight the World Health Organisation declared COVID-19 as a pandemic. A pandemic is defined as the uncontrollable worldwide spread of a disease.
New Zealand currently has five confirmed cases of the novel coronavirus, with the Ministry of Health confirming earlier this week that more than 9000 people or households have registered themselves as being in isolation.
The first confirmed case of COVID-19 in New Zealand was a person in their 60s who had just returned from Iran. The positive test was confirmed on February 28.
- RoyalsPrince Philip, the Duke of Edinburgh, has died aged 99
Now To LoveApr 09, 2021
- TVPopstars panel tells all: Rock regrets, secret crushes and dad jokes!
Woman's DayApr 09, 2021
- Celebrity NewsIron Mike's magic milestone: 'I'm finally in a good space!'
Woman's DayApr 07, 2021
- TVBachelorettes' show down: Our last-ditch effort to woo Moses
Woman's DayMar 30, 2021
- TVBachelor babes bare all: 'Our lives have changed forever'
Woman's DayMar 29, 2021
- Celebrity NewsSmitten but sleep-deprived! Sam Wallace and fiancée Sarah are on double duty
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyMar 26, 2021
- Celebrity NewsKiwi stunt star Zoë Bell talks brain injuries and break-ups
Woman's DayMar 24, 2021
- TVThe Bachelorette NZ's Lexie and Hamish are moving in together!
Woman's DayMar 11, 2021
- TVHit single Moses: 'I didn't think I deserved love!'
Woman's DayMar 09, 2021
- TVHere are the queens competing in RuPaul's Drag Race Down Under
Now To LoveMar 07, 2021