What can you achieve in 30 days? Well, quite a lot actually, which is why the 30-day challenge model has become so popular over the last few years.
30-days is plenty of time to create a new habit, learn a new skill or simply enjoy the sense of fulfilment that comes from challenging yourself to try something new.
There are 30-day challenges for almost every area of our lives from health and fitness to personal finance, so whatever your personal goals are there is bound to be a challenge to suit you.
While you probably won’t achieve your personal fitness or weight loss goals within a month, embarking on a 30 day health and fitness challenge is a great way to get off to a good start.
“America’s toughest trainer,” Jillian Michaels, created the 30-day Shred as a way for people to get fast results.
The idea is that you complete an intense 20-minute work out, every day, for 30 days. The workout has several different levels and is available on DVD and on Michael’s YouTube channel.
If you’re looking for a more tailored approach, the 30 day fitness challenge website has a range of exercise challenges to suit every fitness level. Popular challenges include the 30 day plank challenge, the 30 day abs challenge and the 30 day squat challenge.
If you find yourself wearing the same outfits week in, week out then a 30-day fashion challenge might help you discover a whole new look.
Fashion blogger Andrea Michelle hosts the Fox in Flats style dare challenge every few months. Followers use a list of daily prompts such as ‘mixed prints,’ ‘double denim’ and ‘beachy’ to inspire women to mix up their look.
Followers are invited to share pictures of their fashion creations on social media.
If you want to improve your financial position then taking a 30-day financial challenge might be a good place to start. The 30-day financial make over challenge promises to transform your personal finances.
Fiscal Literacy, who are the creatures of the challenge say that anyone willing to commit to their financial rules will benefit from the challenge. The intention of the ‘30 Day Financial Makeover Challenge’ is to help participants take control of their personal finances, build a budget, control spending, free up cash to pay off debt, and start saving.
If you want to challenge your creativity then Fat Mum Slim’s popular photo a day challenge might be a good way to begin.
The challenge, which was started by blogger Chantelle Ellem in 2012 has become a phenomenal success and has attracted a global following.
Ellem posts a list of prompts such as ‘weekends are for’ and ‘something to be happy about’ and encourages people to think creatively before snapping a photo and sharing it on Facebook or Instagram.
If you want to join in then keep an eye on Chantelle’s facebook page for the latest prompts, there is a new list every month.
Although we have only shared five 30-day challenges there are many many more out there. If there is an area of your life that you think will benefit from the power of the 30-day challenge then start with Google and Pinterest – the perfect challenge is waiting to inspire you.
Words: Cat Rodie
- RoyalsPrince Harry reveals he felt 'there was no option' but to leave royal life
Now To LoveToday 11:18am
- RoyalsMike and Zara Tindall open up about family life and why they consider Australia their 'second home'
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 11:00am
- Diet & NutritionWhich diet would work best for you according to your personality
Good Health ChoicesToday 8:00am
- RoyalsThe Queen confirms the Sussexes will no longer use their HRH titles in an update on their royal exit
Now To LoveYesterday 9:15am
- MindParalympian Sophie Pascoe opens up about her two-year private battle and why she tries to stay real on social media
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 7:57am
- Body8 Kiwi stars reveal their health, fitness and wellbeing goals for 2020
Good Health ChoicesJan 18, 2020
- MindHow to live a life less rushed: savouring the good times
NEXTJan 18, 2020
- CareerBrendan Cole's new X-Factor Celebrity gig and why he's happy to have the tables turned
Woman's DayJan 18, 2020
- CompetitionsWin $200 worth of back to school gift cards with Woman's Day
Now To LoveJan 17, 2020
- WeddingsSevens star Stacey Waaka's heavenly Waikato wedding
Woman's DayJan 17, 2020
- RoyalsThe cute moment Prince William mistakes a photo of himself for Princess Charlotte
Now To LoveJan 16, 2020
- Pregnancy & BirthMeet Jessica Mutch-McKay's sweet little bundle of joy Margaux
Woman's DayJan 16, 2020
- CompetitionsWin an amazing Dr. Hauschka pamper pack worth $530
Good Health ChoicesJan 16, 2020
- Career'I loved the fish and chips': Call The Midwife Jenny Agutter's trip of a lifetime to New Zealand
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJan 16, 2020
- CareerSusan Boyle looks back on a magical 11 years since she shot to fame on Britain's Got Talent
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJan 16, 2020