What can you achieve in 30 days? Well, quite a lot actually, which is why the 30-day challenge model has become so popular over the last few years.
30-days is plenty of time to create a new habit, learn a new skill or simply enjoy the sense of fulfilment that comes from challenging yourself to try something new.
There are 30-day challenges for almost every area of our lives from health and fitness to personal finance, so whatever your personal goals are there is bound to be a challenge to suit you.
While you probably won’t achieve your personal fitness or weight loss goals within a month, embarking on a 30 day health and fitness challenge is a great way to get off to a good start.
“America’s toughest trainer,” Jillian Michaels, created the 30-day Shred as a way for people to get fast results.
The idea is that you complete an intense 20-minute work out, every day, for 30 days. The workout has several different levels and is available on DVD and on Michael’s YouTube channel.
If you’re looking for a more tailored approach, the 30 day fitness challenge website has a range of exercise challenges to suit every fitness level. Popular challenges include the 30 day plank challenge, the 30 day abs challenge and the 30 day squat challenge.
If you find yourself wearing the same outfits week in, week out then a 30-day fashion challenge might help you discover a whole new look.
Fashion blogger Andrea Michelle hosts the Fox in Flats style dare challenge every few months. Followers use a list of daily prompts such as ‘mixed prints,’ ‘double denim’ and ‘beachy’ to inspire women to mix up their look.
Followers are invited to share pictures of their fashion creations on social media.
If you want to improve your financial position then taking a 30-day financial challenge might be a good place to start. The 30-day financial make over challenge promises to transform your personal finances.
Fiscal Literacy, who are the creatures of the challenge say that anyone willing to commit to their financial rules will benefit from the challenge. The intention of the ‘30 Day Financial Makeover Challenge’ is to help participants take control of their personal finances, build a budget, control spending, free up cash to pay off debt, and start saving.
If you want to challenge your creativity then Fat Mum Slim’s popular photo a day challenge might be a good way to begin.
The challenge, which was started by blogger Chantelle Ellem in 2012 has become a phenomenal success and has attracted a global following.
Ellem posts a list of prompts such as ‘weekends are for’ and ‘something to be happy about’ and encourages people to think creatively before snapping a photo and sharing it on Facebook or Instagram.
If you want to join in then keep an eye on Chantelle’s facebook page for the latest prompts, there is a new list every month.
Although we have only shared five 30-day challenges there are many many more out there. If there is an area of your life that you think will benefit from the power of the 30-day challenge then start with Google and Pinterest – the perfect challenge is waiting to inspire you.
Words: Cat Rodie
- FamilyThe Kiwi mum who couldn't find a decent parenting book so wrote one herself
Now To LoveToday 8:30pm
- BodyThe simple way to treat ageing skin concerns at home
Now To LoveToday 4:40pm
- TVCarolyn Taylor's epiphany since her return to TV on Dancing With The Stars
Woman's DayToday 2:00pm
- BodyThese common myths about sleep could be compromising your health
Now To LoveToday 1:00pm
- BodyEverything you need to know about measles and how to beat the disease
Woman's DayToday 7:00am
- FitnessHow our body clocks influence how effectively we exercise
Now To LoveToday 6:00am
- FamilyEight foodie road trip adventures that your family will love
Now To LoveYesterday 5:00pm
- Diet & NutritionIs margarine actually bad for you? Four myths busted
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- At homeHow the right retirement village enabled mum to be mum again
Now To LoveYesterday 2:25pm
- RoyalsPrince Harry's stunning wildlife photography is revealed in celebration of Earth Day
Now To LoveYesterday 11:31am
- RoyalsNew house, new baby, new continent? Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan look set to be moving to Africa
Now To LoveYesterday 9:25am
- Married at First SightMarried at First Sight NZ's Dan and Yuki: 'We're more in love than ever'
Woman's DayYesterday 9:20am
- RoyalsHow the Royal Family spent the day on the Queen’s 93rd birthday
Now To LoveYesterday 9:15am
- CareerThe Kiwi couple who are making comfy prosthetic breasts
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- At homeWhy a magazine subscription is the perfect gift for you or someone you love
Now To LoveYesterday 9:00am