Talk us through your average daily routine
At the moment I'm 33 weeks pregnant and morning sickness has returned so I'm starting my day very slowly and often staring at the toilet bowl. Fun, fun, but not long to go now!
What kind of work outs do you enjoy the most?
Usually, I love indoor netball. (I'm not currently playing) At the moment I'm enjoying walking and also prenatal yoga.
What motivates you to work out?
I feel better once I get myself moving. With morning sickness etc I've noticed if I go for my morning walk it seems to sort it out quicker. Stretching out with yoga and exercising to gain strength really makes a difference to my day-to-day living.
Is there anything you really enjoy that your mental health benefits from?
I meditate daily. I also watch a lot of comedies and laugh at my husband all the time!
When going through rough times, how do you try to pick yourself up and stay strong?
I've always loved the old self help books. I'll bury myself in one of those and usually get something out of it to help me through.
Friends are also important to me and my relationship with my husband. I like to remind my self constantly of all the amazing people and experiences in my life - to feel grateful for it all.
This will usually fix things so that my perspective isn't skewed anymore and I'm not sweating the small stuff OR if things just plain suck, I'll just eat a bunch of chocolate and demand a hug from the nearest person or dog.
I guess my advice for getting through hard times is to remember that nothing lasts forever. Things are always shifting and changing, this means hard times can't stay that way forever.
- Real LifeYoung dad's incredible feat to save his family from certain death
Woman's DayToday 9:30am
- CareerThe tough Kiwi women who are running organisations that were traditionally 'boys' clubs'
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:17am
- FamilyShortland Street's Laurel Devenie introduces her gorgeous new arrival to the world
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:00am
- CareerMore orgasms, less waste: why these are life goals we should all aspire to
- Relationships9 common dating mistakes - and how you can avoid making them
Now To LoveYesterday 3:00pm
- RoyalsTennis legend Stan Smith gives Duchess Catherine a very special gift for Prince Louis at Wimbledon
Now To LoveYesterday 12:45pm
- TVThe Block NZ's Sophia and Mikaere disqualified after cheating scandal
Now To LoveYesterday 12:20pm
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine returns to Wimbledon to present Novak Djokovic with his winning trophy
Now To LoveYesterday 10:45am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan and Beyoncé share a hug and talk parenting at the European premiere of the Lion King
Now To LoveYesterday 9:19am
- FamilyRobbie Magasiva opens up about the devastating loss of his beloved brother Pua
Woman's DayYesterday 8:45am
- Destinations CitiesWhere to go for adventure when you holiday in Vanuatu
Now To LoveYesterday 8:00am
- BodyThe silent language that is central and beneficial to our lives, and how we can get more of it
Good Health ChoicesJul 14, 2019