Simon Barnett has given an update this morning on his wife's Jodi's treatment for a malignant brain tumor.
He spoke to his More FM colleagues and listeners from his home studio in Christchurch, telling them that Jodi is "responding really well" two weeks into radiation therapy.
"We're doing really well...Jodi's started her treatment so we're two weeks into that and seems to be responding really well so we're just enormously grateful...to everybody for the love and cards and prayers."
Jodi is scheduled to have radiation treatment every day for six weeks. She will then undergo a six month course of chemotherapy.
Simon last shared an update on Jodi's progress three and a half weeks ago. He broke down while talking to his More FM colleagues and listeners about the ordeal the family had been through.
Jodi was rushed to hospital in Christchurch on the morning of April 29th after suffering a "substantial seizure" out of the blue. Scans revealed she had two tumours. She underwent surgery to remove the lesion and the couple were told "it couldn't have gone better."
"We were very hopeful that it was going to be benign," Simon told listeners. But their worst fears were confirmed when it turned out to be malignant.
"Everybody says it...nothing seems to matter when you're confronted with life and death...I can tell you now from first hand experience...not any single material possession that you care to name matters one single jot when you face losing someone."
Watch: Simon's emotional update on wife Jodi's battle with brain cancer. Story continues after video.
Simon has been on extended leave since Jodi's seizure. He had originally planned to be back on air on June 5th but his return has been delayed so he can support her through her radiation treatment.
Simon and Jodi have been married for 25 years and have four daughters.
Simon has been with More FM for more than 20 years. It was announced last year that he is due to leave the station in 2019 and take up a position at Newstalk ZB.
- RoyalsIs this a clue that Duchess Meghan is relaunching her lifestyle blog The Tig?
Now To LoveToday 11:15am
- CareerFrom Shortland Street to water births: Katherine McRae's new focus
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:09am
- RoyalsNew book details the lives of the photographers who captured the royals behind closed doors
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:00am
- FamilyNadene Lomu's tearful confession: Pushed to breaking point after Jonah's death
Woman's DayToday 7:45am
- Married at First SightMarried at First Sight NZ brides share the details on their wedding dresses
Woman's DayYesterday 4:45pm
- TVThe one thing Jodie Rimmer did on Celebrity Treasure Island that her children made her apologise for
Woman's DayYesterday 8:55am
- At homeThe sensitive skin laundry hack that makes your clothes soft and speeds up drying time
Now To LoveYesterday 8:24am
- EntertainmentWoman's Day Bonds X-Temp hottest media hunk has been crowned
Woman's DayYesterday 8:21am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan shares an adorable unseen photo from Archie’s christening for Prince Harry’s birthday
Now To LoveYesterday 8:00am
- TVThe top five moments from Celebrity Treasure Island this week
Now To LoveSep 15, 2019
- CareerHelen Mirren on why being old is 'cool' and marriage is great
The Australian Women's WeeklySep 15, 2019
- CompetitionsWin a $500 Countdown voucher to launch your Disney Word tile collection
Woman's DaySep 15, 2019
- BodyDWTS winner Loryn Reynolds' sister can finally dance again after losing a whopping 70kg
Woman's DaySep 14, 2019
- TVMatt Chisholm is leaving TVNZ to ''farm children, rocks and rabbits'' in Otago
Now To LoveSep 13, 2019