Rotorua mud mask benefits
- Mud masks draw oils and impurities from our pores - which is important; if our pores are left blocked it can lead to pimples.
- Mud masks can exfoliate the skin and leave it glowing.
- Mud is extremely cleansing and can remove any dirt or pollution accumulated over the course of the day.
- A mud-based face mask is extremely relaxing.
How to use a mud mask
- Start by cleansing your face and remove any make-up. If you apply your mud mask over the top of make-up it will not be able to penetrate deep into your skin.
- Apply a layer of your mask to your (damp) face and let it sit for the recommended time. Having said this, you should not leave your face mask on so long that your face and the product are bone-dry. You should be taking your mask off when it begins to dry but still feels a little sticky, any longer and you risk drying out your skin.
- Rinse with warm water and apply a light moisturiser or facial oil afterwards.