She's the new coach on US The Voice, but all eyes are on her impressive body.
In just a few months, Kelly Clarkson has undergone an extreme weight loss and couldn't look better.
During a recent appearance on The Tonight Show on Feb 28, she looked like a different person than the one viewers saw earlier in the day when the pre-recorded blind audition episodes of The Voice began airing.
"Kelly looks like she's lost 40 pounds (18kgs)," fitness coach Nadia Murdock Fit told Life & Style magazine.
"You can definitely tell there was a dramatic weight loss."
Inaugural American Idol winner Kelly, 35, has battled weight issues for years, especially since giving birth to daughter River Rose in 2014 and son Remington in 2016.
But she's embraced her body type, and revealed last year: "when I'm fat... I'm happy."
Still, Kelly recently decided it was time for a change.
"She started losing weight four months ago," a source revealed. "She's been working out with a trainer four times a week." Kelly has turned to experts to help with her diet, too.
"I don't cook," she confessed. "We have a chef and her name is Lisa and she makes these amazing things." Amazing — and healthy. "Kelly has cut back on junk food," the source added. "She's been living on a high-protein diet and has swapped sugary treats for raw vegetables."
Sounds like a lot of hard work and sacrifice — but as Kelly has said: "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger."
It's great to see Kelly taking control of her health. The singer revealed last year how she was cruelly fat-shamed while competing on Idol. "Even on American Idol I was really thin, but I was bigger than the other girls on the show, so people would say things to me," she told People.
"But luckily I am super confident, so I've never had a problem with shutting people down and saying: 'Yeah, you know, that's just what I'm rocking. It's fine.'"
Good for you, Kelly!
This story was originally published on our sister site Life & Style.
- BodyThe simple way to treat ageing skin concerns at home
Now To LoveToday 4:40pm
- TVCarolyn Taylor's epiphany since her return to TV on Dancing With The Stars
Woman's DayToday 2:00pm
- BodyThese common myths about sleep could be compromising your health
Now To LoveToday 1:00pm
- BodyEverything you need to know about measles and how to beat the disease
Woman's DayToday 7:00am
- FitnessHow our body clocks influence how effectively we exercise
Now To LoveToday 6:00am
- FamilyEight foodie road trip adventures that your family will love
Now To LoveYesterday 5:00pm
- Diet & NutritionIs margarine actually bad for you? Four myths busted
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- At homeHow the right retirement village enabled mum to be mum again
Now To LoveYesterday 2:25pm
- RoyalsPrince Harry's stunning wildlife photography is revealed in celebration of Earth Day
Now To LoveYesterday 11:31am
- RoyalsNew house, new baby, new continent? Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan look set to be moving to Africa
Now To LoveYesterday 9:25am
- Married at First SightMarried at First Sight NZ's Dan and Yuki: 'We're more in love than ever'
Woman's DayYesterday 9:20am
- RoyalsHow the Royal Family spent the day on the Queen’s 93rd birthday
Now To LoveYesterday 9:15am
- CareerThe Kiwi couple who are making comfy prosthetic breasts
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- At homeWhy a magazine subscription is the perfect gift for you or someone you love
Now To LoveYesterday 9:00am
- CareerAnnabelle White's recipe to living a happy, contented life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 8:42am