The second episode of Keeping It Together With Kate is here!
Check out the above video for two new exercises to try, a lesson on how to avoid treat food and how you can think more optimistically.
Kate is on a mission to add more balance in her life: which means more exercise, a healthy mind and feeding herself delicious, nutritious meals.
This week former Bachelorette Kate Cameron begins by working out with personal trainer and founder of DediKate, Kate Ivey.
The two Kates head on down to Victoria Park for a work out.
This week we learn how to use everyday items - like trees! - in our fitness routine.
Kate Ivey walk us through exercises 'one-legged balance' and 'press-up variation' - they're free, cheap and get you out of the house for some much needed vitamin D.
Next up, it's time to train our minds to think more positively. Clinical psychologist Jacqui Maguire teaches Kate how to look for things to be grateful for and explains why this is wonderful for the mind.
Jacqui's technique is something you may have heard about on Oprah years ago but is now a popular strategy in psychology.
Then Kate talks to registered dietitian Sylvia North about how to battle the desire for 'treat or 'sometimes' foods (read: delicious but sugary products).
The solution? Sylvia explains you can avoid treat foods and giving into cravings by avoiding certain sections at the supermarket.
If you don't have treats at home you can't binge on cookies after a few wines!
Missed the last episode? Catch up on Kate's first week - she looked at exercises to do post-birth, techniques to cope with stress and the benefits of leafy greens.
- RoyalsKiwi royal Gary Lewis has split from Lady Davina Windsor
Now To LoveToday 8:45am
- Pregnancy & BirthShortland Street star Laurel Devenie's perfectly-timed pregnancy
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 8:25am
- Married at First SightMarried at First Sight's Melissa is on the hunt for a Kiwi bachelor
Woman's DayToday 8:20am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan's first appearance after her maternity leave has been revealed
Now To LoveYesterday 12:30pm
- Married at First SightDevastating news as MAFS' Nic reveals his cancer has returned
Now To LoveYesterday 11:28am
- FamilyKatie Holmes and her daughter Suri bond with women and children at a refugee camp in Greece
Now To LoveYesterday 10:42am
- FamilyGemma McCaw on the importance of being a role model for your children
Woman's DayYesterday 10:30am
- BodyMeet Caleb Wright - the 12-year-old brain cancer sufferer bringing laughter to other sick kids
Woman's DayYesterday 8:45am
- Married at First SightMarried at First Sight's Tamara and Mick get cosy off screen
Now To LoveYesterday 8:33am
- Mind4 reasons why embracing boredom could change your life for the better
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 8:30am
- Diet & Nutrition'I Quit Sugar' author Sarah Wilson talks diet, anxiety and going back-to-basics
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 8:00am
- BodyHow this woman came up with a way to help women struggling with PCOS take control
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 7:45am
- BodyHow to understand your body clock for the best quality sleep
Good Health ChoicesMar 24, 2019