The second episode of Keeping It Together With Kate is here!
Check out the above video for two new exercises to try, a lesson on how to avoid treat food and how you can think more optimistically.
Kate is on a mission to add more balance in her life: which means more exercise, a healthy mind and feeding herself delicious, nutritious meals.
This week former Bachelorette Kate Cameron begins by working out with personal trainer and founder of DediKate, Kate Ivey.
The two Kates head on down to Victoria Park for a work out.
This week we learn how to use everyday items - like trees! - in our fitness routine.
Kate Ivey walk us through exercises 'one-legged balance' and 'press-up variation' - they're free, cheap and get you out of the house for some much needed vitamin D.
Next up, it's time to train our minds to think more positively. Clinical psychologist Jacqui Maguire teaches Kate how to look for things to be grateful for and explains why this is wonderful for the mind.
Jacqui's technique is something you may have heard about on Oprah years ago but is now a popular strategy in psychology.
Then Kate talks to registered dietitian Sylvia North about how to battle the desire for 'treat or 'sometimes' foods (read: delicious but sugary products).
The solution? Sylvia explains you can avoid treat foods and giving into cravings by avoiding certain sections at the supermarket.
If you don't have treats at home you can't binge on cookies after a few wines!
Missed the last episode? Catch up on Kate's first week - she looked at exercises to do post-birth, techniques to cope with stress and the benefits of leafy greens.
- RoyalsPrincess Beatrice and Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi welcome their first child, a baby girl
Now To LoveYesterday 10:00am
- TVCelebrity Treasure Island's Tegan Yorwarth's message to internet trolls
Woman's DaySep 20, 2021
- TVBlack Ferns star Huriana Manuel's Olympic heartbreak
Woman's DaySep 15, 2021
- TVProud Dad Art Green: 'My little girl is just so special'
Woman's DaySep 13, 2021
- Celebrity NewsAngela Bloomfield's tears and fears: 'I haven't given up on love!'
Woman's DaySep 07, 2021
- Celebrity NewsJoe Naufahu's heartbreak: 'I'm doing this for Mum'
Woman's DaySep 06, 2021
- Real LifeKiwi parents nightmare: 'Our son should still be here'
Woman's DaySep 03, 2021
- Real LifeKiwi Paralympic kayaker Corbin Hart's unstoppable romance
Woman's DayAug 28, 2021
- TVCelebrity Treasure Island hosts Bree Tomasel and Matt Chisholm's special bond
Woman's DayAug 27, 2021
- Real LifeTVNZ reporter Michelle Prendiville opens up about her alopecia
Woman's DayAug 27, 2021