Welcome to the last episode of Keeping It Together With Kate!
Now To Love has been checking in with former Bachelorette Kate Cameron fortnightly as she continues her health and wellness journey - and this last episode is extra special.
In the video (above) Kate looks at a tricky and personal issue - and a topic close to the heart of every new mum: how to balance both her and her baby's needs.
It might seem natural for new mums to sacrifice their needs for their baby, but in this episode of Keeping It Together With Kate we learn why this isn't beneficial for mum or baby.
Clinical Psychologist Jacqui Maguire talks us through prioritising ourselves and why we shouldn't feel guilty about this.
"I think women have an inner expectation that 'as soon as I have a baby they are the priority and I come second to that...' actually you have to put the oxygen mask on first in order to be able to care for your baby."
Jacqui's advice? Surround yourself with a good support network and work out how best to improve your wellbeing - keeping in mind it may be different to how you improved your happiness pre-baby.
In this fortnight's fitness session Kate increases the difficulty of her exercises.
Over the past few episodes Kate has been working on improving her core strength after birth and completing low intensity exercises, but this week will be a little different.
Personal trainer Kate Ivey has given Kate the all-clear to intensify her fitness routine - so Kate steps it up a notch.
While a little apprehensive at first, this fortnight Kate tries her hand at lunges (ouch!) and half press-ups.
In the kitchen this fortnight registered dietitian Sylvia North talks about the healthiness of eggs, explaining: "in the yolk of the egg there's really rich sources of vitamins and minerals, particularly fat soluble vitamins."
As if we needed another reason to have a Saturday morning eggs benedict!
We hope you enjoyed watching Keeping It Together With Kate as much as we loved making it for you! Curious to see what Kate looks like now? Follow Kate on Instagram @katecameron_official.
To re-watch an episode of Keeping It Together With Kate check out last week's episode below.
- Pregnancy & BirthSamantha Hayes excitedly announces the gender of her baby
Now To LoveToday 12:00pm
- Diet & NutritionThe truth about coconut oil: Is it actually as good for us as we've been told?
Good Health ChoicesToday 10:00am
- CareerMean Mums' Morgana O'Reilly gets candid about her school days
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 9:23am
- FamilyHow to get your children off the screens and out into the sunshine
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 12:00pm
- Pregnancy & BirthFear and panic followed by joy: The Edge's Chang Hung welcomes his much longed-for daughter
Woman's DayYesterday 8:00am
- CareerHow Louise Stainthorpe went from stay at home mum to 'badass businesswoman'
Woman's DayJul 19, 2019
- FitnessCommon mistakes to avoid when you're working out for weight loss
Good Health ChoicesJul 19, 2019
- RoyalsThe very unusual way Duchess Camilla just celebrated her 72nd birthday
Now To LoveJul 18, 2019
- TVThe Block NZ's Lisa and Ribz fire back at the 'harsh and nasty' judges
Woman's DayJul 18, 2019
- CareerQueen of tiny: Why I love recreating everything I see in miniature
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJul 18, 2019
- CompetitionsWin a black and a rose gold Samsung Galaxy Watch Active worth $349 each!
Good Health ChoicesJul 18, 2019
- WeddingsBride quits job to plan her dream wedding and demands her fiancé get a second job
Now To LoveJul 17, 2019
- BodyKaty Perry and Orlando Bloom's new age secret to staying young
Now To LoveJul 17, 2019