While Jo Mcpharlin, aka Foxy Jojo, didn't find love after her appearance on 2018's season of Married At First Sight Australia, one thing's for sure, she cemented herself as one of our all-time favourite MAFS brides.
The bubbly mum's down-to-earth, no-nonsense approach to life was a breath of fresh air and it seems, more than a year on, she's applying that same attitude to her incredible weight loss transformation, sharing a snap on her Instagram showing off a noticeably slimmed-down figure in a gorgeous summery polka dot dress.
But as is expected, the 42-year-old says it's not all about weight loss, sharing an inspiring message of body positivity and confidence.
"I used to absolutely HATE my arms, I would wear anything I could to cover them over even cardigans or jackets on a 43° day but I learnt last year in fact that no one actually cared what they looked like but me," she former reality TV star shared to her 42k followers.
"No one ever criticised them or made a comment on how big they were but me. I was my own worst enemy."
Jo added that she realised she was her own toughest critic and promised to stop being so harsh on herself – to which she credits for changing her life forever and giving her a new sense of confidence and pride.
"I don't give a toss about what people think I look like, I am just me. Love me or hate me, I'm just me," Jo wrote.
"So for all the DM's asking me, it's not about any weight loss at all it's about feeling beautiful in your own skin, owning what you have whether you are size 6 or size 36, have lumpy bits and bumpy bits, have one boob bigger than the other, have a baby bump, saggy bum cheeks, thighs that rub together, I want you all to start the new year showing to the world 👉 I am good enough, love me as I am or sod off.
"Embrace your body everyone, you only have one, start loving it."
Since sharing her message, Jo's followers have praised and thanked her for her inspiring words.
"This is me right now I know I'm my worst enemy, thank you for sharing your story I needed this," one follower commented.
Adding, "Will try to practice more self love in the new year. Wishing you all the best for 2020!"
"I needed to read this…" another follower wrote, "Just on our way home from the beach with our first baby, 5 months old… and I hated taking my dress off and walking to the water in my swimmers…\
"But your [sic] right… maybe I'm the only one who cared what I looked like haha xx thank you 💙"
Wrapping up the inspiring message, Jo signed off with a few more words of wisdom: "As a very wise person said to me, you only die once but you live every day so start bloody living and enjoying life before it's too late xx."
- Pregnancy & BirthBreakfast’s Hayley Holt is expecting her first child
Now To LoveToday 8:30am
- Real LifeFacing the fiery inferno: Kiwi family's frightening Aussie bushfire ordeal
Woman's DayToday 8:15am
- RoyalsPrince William reminisces about his proposal to Duchess Catherine in a speech at Buckingham Palace
Now To LoveYesterday 2:55pm
- FamilyRussell Crowe's heartwarming revelation about his sons strikes a chord with many
Now To LoveYesterday 1:23pm
- RoyalsA royal reporter reveals the job Prince Harry once dreamed of before he met Duchess Meghan
Now To LoveYesterday 11:55am
- TVLaura Daniel joins Seven Sharp team as special correspondent
Now To LoveYesterday 11:04am
- Expert AdviceKids' back-to-school worries and how you can help to ease them
Now To LoveYesterday 9:08am
- FamilyCelebrated artist Dame Louise Henderson's lost paintings and her daughter's mission to track them down
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- CareerWhy Olivia Newton-John's damehood holds extra significance
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 8:50am
- TVBachelorette Lesina Nakhid-Schuster lets us in on her reasons for joining the show
Woman's DayYesterday 8:15am
- RoyalsPrince Harry reveals he felt 'there was no option' but to leave royal life
Now To LoveJan 20, 2020
- RoyalsMike and Zara Tindall open up about family life and why they consider Australia their 'second home'
The Australian Women's WeeklyJan 20, 2020
- Diet & NutritionWhich diet would work best for you according to your personality
Good Health ChoicesJan 20, 2020