I'm currently in an adjustment phase as I usually start my day with a walk and/or the gym but I'm currently injured so taking the time to slow my body down.
At the moment I get up, make myself a hot lemon water, try my best to make the time to do a short meditation, make breakfast and go up the road for a coffee or sit in nature.
After this I begin checking emails and social media. I notice a huge difference in my day if I spend the first hour reasonably slow so I'm trying to make a habit of that.
Boxing is my favourite way to move my body. It makes me feel strong and powerful (and extremely exhausted by the end of the workout).
For me, I workout to challenge my abilities. I like finding new ways to do things, testing my body and pushing my limits. This always motivates me to keep going.
Cooking is my de-stress! 100 per cent. If I have a lot on my mind and need to switch off I'll cook.
I like that I can get creative and just focus 100 per cent on something.
Friends (or my sisters) are definitely my go to.
If I'm having a tough day I'll instantly call a friend, go have a coffee and a walk. Stepping away from the situation, getting some perspective and be around people who lift me up are the best ways I find to re-balance when times are tough.
Jess Quin will co-host (along with Mike Puru) the 2018 Coca-Cola Christmas In The Park event at the Auckland Domain on December 8th, and on Three on December 15th.
- BodyRadio host Sarah Gandy has been diagnosed with breast cancer
Now To LoveToday 12:13pm
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan has jetted off to New York for her baby shower
Now To LoveToday 11:36am
- FertilityTips for couples who are trying to conceive and not pregnant yet
Now To LoveToday 11:19am
- Pregnancy & BirthGemma McCaw's praise for the midwife who delivered baby Charlotte
Woman's DayToday 7:00am
- MoneyOnline shopping fails - Kiwi consumers' hilarious tales
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- Celebrity NewsHarper Beckham and Anna Wintour's priceless twinning moment
Now To LoveYesterday 2:28pm
- RoyalsPrince William and Prince Harry are reportedly splitting their royal household after 10 years together
Now To LoveYesterday 12:15pm
- RoyalsHappy Birthday Prince Andrew: 7 things you may not know about the Duke of York
Now To LoveYesterday 9:30am
- Destinations CitiesThe all-women Bali retreat that saved my soul after my fiancé left me
The Australian Women's WeeklyFeb 17, 2019