I'm currently in an adjustment phase as I usually start my day with a walk and/or the gym but I'm currently injured so taking the time to slow my body down.
At the moment I get up, make myself a hot lemon water, try my best to make the time to do a short meditation, make breakfast and go up the road for a coffee or sit in nature.
After this I begin checking emails and social media. I notice a huge difference in my day if I spend the first hour reasonably slow so I'm trying to make a habit of that.
Boxing is my favourite way to move my body. It makes me feel strong and powerful (and extremely exhausted by the end of the workout).
For me, I workout to challenge my abilities. I like finding new ways to do things, testing my body and pushing my limits. This always motivates me to keep going.
Cooking is my de-stress! 100 per cent. If I have a lot on my mind and need to switch off I'll cook.
I like that I can get creative and just focus 100 per cent on something.
Friends (or my sisters) are definitely my go to.
If I'm having a tough day I'll instantly call a friend, go have a coffee and a walk. Stepping away from the situation, getting some perspective and be around people who lift me up are the best ways I find to re-balance when times are tough.
Jess Quin will co-host (along with Mike Puru) the 2018 Coca-Cola Christmas In The Park event at the Auckland Domain on December 8th, and on Three on December 15th.
- Real LifeYoung dad's incredible feat to save his family from certain death
Woman's DayToday 9:30am
- CareerThe tough Kiwi women who are running organisations that were traditionally 'boys' clubs'
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:17am
- FamilyShortland Street's Laurel Devenie introduces her gorgeous new arrival to the world
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:00am
- CareerMore orgasms, less waste: why these are life goals we should all aspire to
- Relationships9 common dating mistakes - and how you can avoid making them
Now To LoveYesterday 3:00pm
- RoyalsTennis legend Stan Smith gives Duchess Catherine a very special gift for Prince Louis at Wimbledon
Now To LoveYesterday 12:45pm
- TVThe Block NZ's Sophia and Mikaere disqualified after cheating scandal
Now To LoveYesterday 12:20pm
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine returns to Wimbledon to present Novak Djokovic with his winning trophy
Now To LoveYesterday 10:45am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan and Beyoncé share a hug and talk parenting at the European premiere of the Lion King
Now To LoveYesterday 9:19am
- FamilyRobbie Magasiva opens up about the devastating loss of his beloved brother Pua
Woman's DayYesterday 8:45am
- Destinations CitiesWhere to go for adventure when you holiday in Vanuatu
Now To LoveYesterday 8:00am
- BodyThe silent language that is central and beneficial to our lives, and how we can get more of it
Good Health ChoicesJul 14, 2019