I'm currently in an adjustment phase as I usually start my day with a walk and/or the gym but I'm currently injured so taking the time to slow my body down.
At the moment I get up, make myself a hot lemon water, try my best to make the time to do a short meditation, make breakfast and go up the road for a coffee or sit in nature.
After this I begin checking emails and social media. I notice a huge difference in my day if I spend the first hour reasonably slow so I'm trying to make a habit of that.
Boxing is my favourite way to move my body. It makes me feel strong and powerful (and extremely exhausted by the end of the workout).
For me, I workout to challenge my abilities. I like finding new ways to do things, testing my body and pushing my limits. This always motivates me to keep going.
Cooking is my de-stress! 100 per cent. If I have a lot on my mind and need to switch off I'll cook.
I like that I can get creative and just focus 100 per cent on something.
Friends (or my sisters) are definitely my go to.
If I'm having a tough day I'll instantly call a friend, go have a coffee and a walk. Stepping away from the situation, getting some perspective and be around people who lift me up are the best ways I find to re-balance when times are tough.
Jess Quin will co-host (along with Mike Puru) the 2018 Coca-Cola Christmas In The Park event at the Auckland Domain on December 8th, and on Three on December 15th.
- RoyalsPrince Philip, the Duke of Edinburgh, has died aged 99
Now To LoveApr 09, 2021
- TVPopstars panel tells all: Rock regrets, secret crushes and dad jokes!
Woman's DayApr 09, 2021
- Celebrity NewsIron Mike's magic milestone: 'I'm finally in a good space!'
Woman's DayApr 07, 2021
- TVBachelorettes' show down: Our last-ditch effort to woo Moses
Woman's DayMar 30, 2021
- TVBachelor babes bare all: 'Our lives have changed forever'
Woman's DayMar 29, 2021
- Celebrity NewsSmitten but sleep-deprived! Sam Wallace and fiancée Sarah are on double duty
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyMar 26, 2021
- Celebrity NewsKiwi stunt star Zoë Bell talks brain injuries and break-ups
Woman's DayMar 24, 2021
- TVThe Bachelorette NZ's Lexie and Hamish are moving in together!
Woman's DayMar 11, 2021
- TVHit single Moses: 'I didn't think I deserved love!'
Woman's DayMar 09, 2021
- TVHere are the queens competing in RuPaul's Drag Race Down Under
Now To LoveMar 07, 2021