What is hypothalamic amenorrhea?
Who’s at risk of hypothalamic amenorrhea?
What are the effects of hypothalamic amenorrhea?
How to recover from hypothalamic amenorrhea
What are the signs of HA?
- You have a low body weight and/or body fat (note: it’s still possible to have HA at any BMI)
- You have dry skin, eyes or hair
- You feel stressed or burnt out
- You have low energy and low libido
- You have poor quality sleep
- You feel the cold easily and have a low body temperature
- You often catch colds and viruses
What are some HA triggers?
- Your stress levels are high, or you have experienced a stressful event or change
- You have experienced a significant weight loss (recently or historically)
- You are a dedicated exerciser
- Genetics can also play a part in HA (this explains why one woman will lose her period, while her friend with a similar physique and lifestyle won’t).