Whether it's backyard BBQs, picnics or fish & chips on the beach, summer can be a tricky time to stick to a healthy diet.
That doesn't mean you have to miss out completely, though! There are plenty of ways you can keep up a balanced diet without cutting everything out:
When you're at a BBQ, use the portions on your plate as a rough guide to keep everything in balance. Registered dietitian Anna Richards recommends a quarter of the plate be made up of protein, another quarter from carbohydrates and half from vegetables and/or salad.
Watch out for carb-heavy salads such as those made with potato or pasta, as these aren't as healthy for you as leafy greens, for example.
Make fruit and veges available
If you're dining on fish and chips, you can still create a healthier meal by ensuring plenty of fresh fruit and veges are on offer as well.
"Chop up some cucumbers, put out some bowls of cherry tomatoes - just try and balance it out," Ms Richards says.
"Bear in mind that we ideally need to make half our plates vegetables and salad."
Balance the food groups
At the end of the day, a healthy diet is about taking a sensible approach to food.
"I encourage all my clients to base their meals around whole foods - fresh fruit and vegetables, grains and cereals and meat, fish and chicken," says Ms Richards.
- BodyRadio host Sarah Gandy has been diagnosed with breast cancer
Now To LoveToday 12:13pm
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan has jetted off to NYC for her baby shower
Now To LoveToday 11:36am
- FertilityTips for couples who are trying to conceive and not pregnant yet
Now To LoveToday 11:19am
- Pregnancy & BirthGemma McCaw's praise for the midwife who delivered baby Charlotte
Woman's DayToday 7:00am
- MoneyOnline shopping fails - Kiwi consumers' hilarious tales
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- Celebrity NewsHarper Beckham and Anna Wintour's priceless twinning moment
Now To LoveYesterday 2:28pm
- RoyalsPrince William and Prince Harry are reportedly splitting their royal household after 10 years together
Now To LoveYesterday 12:15pm
- RoyalsHappy Birthday Prince Andrew: 7 things you may not know about the Duke of York
Now To LoveYesterday 9:30am
- Destinations CitiesThe all-women Bali retreat that saved my soul after my fiancé left me
The Australian Women's WeeklyFeb 17, 2019
- BodyWhy Olivia Newton-John isn't letting battling cancer for the third time get her down
Good Health ChoicesFeb 17, 2019
- Married at First SightMAFS baby on board? Reports suggest this bride is already pregnant
Now To LoveFeb 17, 2019