Asthma & Climate change
boost the level of soft allergens.
Using technology to control asthma
- My Asthma App – this New Zealand app stores an asthma action plan and provides first-aid advice.
- AsthmaMD – while the adult action template is different to those used in NZ, this is a good complementary app to MyAsthma because it offers additional features such as symptom and peak flow tracking, reminders etc.
- Asthma Buddy – this National Asthma Council of Australia app keeps a record of your asthma action plan – your basic list of instructions of what you need to do to keep yourself well, eg medications, and what to do if you start to feel unwell.
- Kiss myAsthma – designed for young people, this Asthma Australia app helps with things such as tracking asthma symptoms and moods, and gives reminders about preventer medications.
- Asthma First Aid – in the event of an asthma emergency, this Asthma Australia app walks people through first-aid steps.
- MedicineWise – this app helps you manage medication for chronic diseases including asthma. This is handy because around 60 per cent of people with asthma also have some other chronic disease, says Siobhan.